Monday, April 13, 2009

More Updates

This weekend, Jonathan's family was here visiting. It was a blessing, as always. Jonathan, Conlan, Vera and I all passed out for the entire afternoon after they left. Lots of energy...if you know them, then you understand.

We had a great Easter weekend. Probably the most important part of it to me was the rain. I know that seems weird, but to me the rain was God's way to bless this quiet state in middle America. In case you hadn't heard, last week there were devastating fires in the Oklahoma City metro. In fact, they happened in the city where Jonathan works. Because of the wind and dryness, firefighters were unable to control the flames, and many homes were destroyed. Thankfully, no one was severely injured. This is the thing...in light of those events, rain was God bringing healing to the state of Oklahoma. I couldn't help but see it; it was staring me in the face. There was new life on Easter Sunday.

Along those lines, we sang a song in church that has had special meaning to me for about a year. We sang Mighty to Save. Connie posted the words on her blog. We sang this song at church the day before I lost my last child. We sang it when I heard God clearly tell me that I was going to lose that child. Yesterday was the first Sunday we've taken Vera to church. I felt God speaking to my heart; He had once again brought new life in our precious girl.

I just felt like all of this was so fitting for Easter Sunday. Christ rose from the dead in order to bring me new life, and He will continue to bring new life...anyway, I hope I'm expressing this properly. My brain isn't functioning correctly due to lack of sleep.

Our dryer is officially 100% dead. After some suggestions from my MIL, I used it again. We were watching it carefully, with no problems whatsoever. I even got several loads done. However, when I started to dry my second load of the morning, the starter wouldn't work at all. I did get most of our clothes dry, as well as all of the baby/toddler clothes. Most of what is left is towels and sheets from the weekend. At least the really important stuff is clean. My parents are planning to come visit a week from Friday, and they will bring the new dryer up with them. I will probably wash a few loads soon and make a long stop at the laundromat tomorrow or something. I could hang dry, but then I would need to wash with fabric softener, and I find fabric softener disgusting. :P I'm a dryer sheet girl.

Vera's appointment went well. She has gained back to her birth weight, but just only. Her doctor is wanting to continue with supplements. She wants me to supplement only at night though. That way I get my sleep that I need (to boost milk supply), and Vera is being supplemented at a time when she will eventually stop nursing anyway.

Well, I've got two hungry babies. Gotta go.

No comments: