Who knew that life with two kids was so different from life with one?
I apologize for not updating recently. To be honest, I haven't done much that seems worth mentioning. I've been in and out of the doctor's office, watching Pixar movies over and over, and heading out to the occasional consignment store with my friend Kacey. I really haven't done much. For the amount of time I've spent at home, I've been shocked at the state of my house. (I realize that a messy house is the side effect of a newborn, but it still drives me nuts.)
First, I'll give you an update on Vera. Everything is fine. She is gaining weight very quickly now, and her doctor took us off of supplements, and we're done with weight checks. Our tiny girl is growing really quickly...too quickly... On Wednesday, she'll be a month old. So weird.
Conlan is finally getting adjusted to Vera. He refuses to go to bed until he can give her a hug and kiss goodnight. He still has an occasional episode, but overall he's loving the big brother stuff.
I am quickly healing and ready to start getting back into the swing of life. Our pastor's daughter-in-law makes all kinds of baby gear, such as slings and nursing covers (which she cleverly calls "hooter hiders"). Well, I bought one of her slings yesterday, and I feel like I can move around better. Our new dryer comes this evening (yey!), and I am VERY excited, even though I will miss line drying my clothes. Really, that's not too safe in the Oklahoma wind. If a clothespin happened to malfunction, we would have trouble getting back whatever happened to blow away. Our clothes have been smelling fabulous though, and they've also dried VERY quickly.
I wanted to share a few things about my view lately. This is what I've been looking at...
I apologize for not updating recently. To be honest, I haven't done much that seems worth mentioning. I've been in and out of the doctor's office, watching Pixar movies over and over, and heading out to the occasional consignment store with my friend Kacey. I really haven't done much. For the amount of time I've spent at home, I've been shocked at the state of my house. (I realize that a messy house is the side effect of a newborn, but it still drives me nuts.)
First, I'll give you an update on Vera. Everything is fine. She is gaining weight very quickly now, and her doctor took us off of supplements, and we're done with weight checks. Our tiny girl is growing really quickly...too quickly... On Wednesday, she'll be a month old. So weird.
Conlan is finally getting adjusted to Vera. He refuses to go to bed until he can give her a hug and kiss goodnight. He still has an occasional episode, but overall he's loving the big brother stuff.
I am quickly healing and ready to start getting back into the swing of life. Our pastor's daughter-in-law makes all kinds of baby gear, such as slings and nursing covers (which she cleverly calls "hooter hiders"). Well, I bought one of her slings yesterday, and I feel like I can move around better. Our new dryer comes this evening (yey!), and I am VERY excited, even though I will miss line drying my clothes. Really, that's not too safe in the Oklahoma wind. If a clothespin happened to malfunction, we would have trouble getting back whatever happened to blow away. Our clothes have been smelling fabulous though, and they've also dried VERY quickly.
I wanted to share a few things about my view lately. This is what I've been looking at...
From April 2009 |
Conlan watching Cars, which he has watched WAY too much lately.
| From April 2009 |
I just thought I'd share this. The first is Vera this morning, and the second is Conlan at about a month old. I can't really decide if they look alike or not. Vera looks more like me, whereas Conlan looks more like his dad everyday. I think the major difference between them is the nose...what do you think?





7 comments:
WOW honey, I didn't realize until just now how much they look alike! Holy cow. I guess I haven't seen two pictures compared next to eachother like that yet, but they REALLY look alike. That's good news for Vera, 'cause Conlan's a pretty darn good looking kid!
I would agree with your husband. Your beautiful children look almost identical. But do not fear that Vera will look like a boy! LOL My brother and sisters baby pics are identical and my sister is very much a girl and my brother is very much a boy. They are both precious! Congratulations!
I hear ya. My once tidy house has STILL not recovered from the arrival of Sophie (though admittedly that has more to do now with her getting into everything and less to do with me breastfeeding six hours a day). :) Your kids are such cuties, and I can definitely see you in Vera!
They are so gorgeous. What sweet faces.
To be honest they look like twins at that age. We've always thought that Conlan looks a lot like his Mother. Maybe as he gets older he will look more like Jonathan but that's the fun of seeing the results of two people. In your case the results are 2 really good looking kids. Great Grandpa insists that Conlan looks like him at the same age. My thoughts about that are he has a lot of wishful thinking. Love you guys, Grandma and Grandpa Janes
This might be random, but I thought of you. Don't really know why - maybe it's a God thing. Maybe I'm just loopy. =) But I'd rather err on the side of thinking it's a God thing. =) I read this post this morning:
http://gracewalkministries.blogspot.com/2009/05/journey-into-intimacy.html
I think...I LOVE YOU!
:-)
Post a Comment