Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Up Late

Well...early I guess. Vera just woke up to eat. Normally, I'd go right back to sleep without turning on my computer, but It's Hip To Save mentioned a sale that I found too good to resist. Tulle has some winter coats on sale, and I got two coats for $25, shipping included. They're fun colors too. :) I have a little bit of a jacket fetish too, so yeah...

All is good here. In the morning, Vera has another weight check. Conlan is going to go play with a friend for an hour or so during her appointment. She is nursing much better, so pray that her weight is where they want it to be. As for my special boy, he's finally getting used to another kid. He occasionally asks me to put her down, but it's the sweet moments that tell me he'll be fine. For example, yesterday I gave her a bath, and he wanted to help, right up to the point where the bath actually happened. He'll also watch her while she's taking a nap. Too cute.

Other news: our dryer sparked and started smelling like smoke yesterday. Since dryer fires are the number one cause of house fires, we consider it too broken to use. It was given to us by Jonathan's parents several years ago, and it was pretty old when we got it. We had to replace the matching washer about 18 months ago, so it was time for a new dryer. I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but my sister gave us a new dryer a few weeks ago. (Long story, but she had an extra...) The only challenge now is when and how to bring it up from Houston. For now, we'll hang dry our clothes, go to the laundromat, or mooch off of our friends' dryers.

Well, the little sweetie is finished eating, so I'm going to finish sleeping. I've got to get up early in order to get out of the house on time...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

okay, so after reading about the wonderful jacket deal I went and bought some for myself... thanks for the tip! Maybe at family reunions we can plan ahead and match=)
I will be praying for you and sweet Vera. will be and have been.