Hey. Just posting a quick update here before I close my eyes for a few more hours.
Things are going pretty well here. Yesterday morning Vera had her weight check at the hospital. Unfortunately, she's lost too much weight since Sunday. Her pediatrician is having me supplement at least until Friday morning, when we will go into the doctor's office and check her again. Not a major deal, right? It feels like a big deal to me. Of course, I'm also hormonal and sleep deprived. Thankfully, she hasn't had trouble transitioning back and forth between a bottle and me. Introducing a bottle this early can sometimes cause problems, but God has been good and kept that from happening. The nurse who did her weight check was also one of her nurses while in the hospital. She assured me (after seeing my face at the mention of the word "supplement") that Vera is "perfect" (her words) and we will likely be back to nursing exclusively by the weekend. The supplements are just to keep her from getting too dehydrated (which I had started to notice) and make sure that she doesn't have some medical problem keeping her from gaining weight. Jaundice is thankfully not an issue. Honestly, since I started them yesterday afternoon, my thin beauty has chunked out a tiny bit. In the end, I'd rather her be healthy. I can swallow this motherly pride, right?
Other news on the homefront: Conlan is not dealing as well with Vera as we might have hoped, but he's not as bad as he could be either. My special little boy doesn't like all the attention Vera is getting from Mommy. After we brought her home, he didn't want anything to do with her. He was fine with me (or Daddy or the grandparents) as long as we didn't have her in our arms. If that was the case, he ignored us completely. He's told me a few different times that he's mad at me. Yesterday morning, he bluntly said, "Put Beeya down, Mommy." However, as the days go on and he gets better accustomed, he does seem to get better. The jealousy factor is taking a back seat to the novelty of having a little sister. He's stopped glaring at her (or me) and started kissing her goodnight with a sparkle in his eyes. Today I plan to take him out for a mommy-son date. There's a little gelato place that just opened right around the corner from our house. We'll go and eat some "ice dreend" and giggle a little. Hopefully this works out well, because I love my son so much. It hurts me to see his face during this time. I really think these two will be great friends.
Well, I should get the rest of my sleeping in. Baby Vera needs to eat one more time, then I'm going to pass out. I'll leave you with a picture...how does that sound? We get to see this gorgeous look quite often.
Things are going pretty well here. Yesterday morning Vera had her weight check at the hospital. Unfortunately, she's lost too much weight since Sunday. Her pediatrician is having me supplement at least until Friday morning, when we will go into the doctor's office and check her again. Not a major deal, right? It feels like a big deal to me. Of course, I'm also hormonal and sleep deprived. Thankfully, she hasn't had trouble transitioning back and forth between a bottle and me. Introducing a bottle this early can sometimes cause problems, but God has been good and kept that from happening. The nurse who did her weight check was also one of her nurses while in the hospital. She assured me (after seeing my face at the mention of the word "supplement") that Vera is "perfect" (her words) and we will likely be back to nursing exclusively by the weekend. The supplements are just to keep her from getting too dehydrated (which I had started to notice) and make sure that she doesn't have some medical problem keeping her from gaining weight. Jaundice is thankfully not an issue. Honestly, since I started them yesterday afternoon, my thin beauty has chunked out a tiny bit. In the end, I'd rather her be healthy. I can swallow this motherly pride, right?
Other news on the homefront: Conlan is not dealing as well with Vera as we might have hoped, but he's not as bad as he could be either. My special little boy doesn't like all the attention Vera is getting from Mommy. After we brought her home, he didn't want anything to do with her. He was fine with me (or Daddy or the grandparents) as long as we didn't have her in our arms. If that was the case, he ignored us completely. He's told me a few different times that he's mad at me. Yesterday morning, he bluntly said, "Put Beeya down, Mommy." However, as the days go on and he gets better accustomed, he does seem to get better. The jealousy factor is taking a back seat to the novelty of having a little sister. He's stopped glaring at her (or me) and started kissing her goodnight with a sparkle in his eyes. Today I plan to take him out for a mommy-son date. There's a little gelato place that just opened right around the corner from our house. We'll go and eat some "ice dreend" and giggle a little. Hopefully this works out well, because I love my son so much. It hurts me to see his face during this time. I really think these two will be great friends.
Well, I should get the rest of my sleeping in. Baby Vera needs to eat one more time, then I'm going to pass out. I'll leave you with a picture...how does that sound? We get to see this gorgeous look quite often.
| From March 2009 |





6 comments:
ohhh... she's soooo cute! Absolutely precious! :)
I'll be praying Conlan adjusts well, poor little guy. Get that yummy ice dreend, that always makes people feel special. :)
Oh, she looks just like a little lady bug there!!! Kelly, she is a doll!
Vera is beautiful! I love her expression. She has such nice hair, too. We'll keep praying for you all!
Josiah did the same thing when Amara came around although he didn't want anything to do with me either for a day or so. It was really sad. Now they are BEST FRIENDS and they do everything together! That's what you might have to look forward to! :)
Congratulations! :)
i'm finally getting around to congratulating you and jonathan... this vacation's taking a while to catch up from.
she's beautiful and i'm sure conlan will come around! :)
(ok it's just funny that your word verification is "cryoldma") :)
Vera is Adorable! First born children especially boys don't want to share their mommy with anyone but they always get over it. You have two beautiful children-life is good. Love you all, Grandma Janice
Post a Comment