Saturday, June 27, 2009

Viral Meningitis and Worry v. Caution

After some research, I've found out some important facts about viral meningitis.

--It is fairly common and looks a lot like the flu, especially during summer months.
--It can form from other viruses or be contracted by mosquitoes. Rarely is it passed from one person to another.
--It is not deadly like bacterial meningitis.
--Children are vaccinated for bacterial meningitis starting at 2 months. (I'm glad we immunize!)
--The incubation period for viral meningitis is anywhere from 3 days to a week.
--It is most common in children and young adults.

It looks like we're in the clear. You know, I look back and see that my thoughts last night were too panicky. I was tired from a week of VBS and did not look to God to provide peace of mind. It makes me think about how that's the main difference between senseless worrying and healthy caution. There would be nothing wrong with me taking my kids to the doctor to get checked out, as long as I am willing to realize that God is in charge of my kids. This shows me that I'm still afraid of losing my children. Last night I could not stop crying while thinking of the possibility of losing either of my babies. I was afraid. It's such an unhealthy fear. Looks like I have something to confess and hand over...again. Anyway, we're off to a birthday party. Have a great day, and stay cool! It's hot out there.

No comments: