Monday, July 06, 2009

Adventures

Who would have thought that I had time to blog this week? I don't really, but I feel like I should write a little. Maybe my mind is finally returning to normal. :)

I spent the last week without my little boy. It wasn't as hard as everyone said it would be; maybe because I still had Vera here to keep me company. Maybe because I was incredibly busy as it was. Maybe because I really needed a break. I was, however, VERY ready for him to come home.

While he was gone, I got our bedroom painted, the house clean, and grocery shopping done. (He was only gone from Monday afternoon to Friday morning.) I had planned on getting a dress sewn for Vera, but that is still sitting in my bedroom unfinished. Maybe I'll get it made today.

My parents brought Conlan back Friday and stayed for the weekend. We drove out to Arbuckle Wilderness Park on Saturday and fed the camels, giraffes, and llamas. (We did this last year with some friends of ours on the 4th of July.)

I know this isn't super coherent, but here's my main point: God has been teaching me lately that having children is an adventure. My life is so full of excitement and beautiful chaos. It may seem boring to the world, but it's a complete misconception. Nothing is more exciting or more important than raising children. Sure, I'd love to backpack across Europe or spend months in China, but right now, my adventure is here in a small house in Oklahoma. Oklahoma may not seem all that exciting, but it is where God has placed our little family. He has surrounded us with great friends and incredible ministry opportunities. I am so very blessed.

4 comments:

Mo said...

It is a beautiful noble occupation that is rich in the most meaningful ways and definately adventure beyond the immagination. I think it's cool that God's showing you that so clearly. Love you!

Nadine said...

I agree. What a lovely way of saying it.

Vashey Fam said...

Bring on the chaotic adventures! I can't wait! :o) Hey, I still have a baby gift hanging around here for your little Vera!

sarah said...

:)