Here are some things I am really missing about East Texas right now:
-Being right there with family
-My college and work friends
-Late summer nights at IHOP
-Alley Fest
-The Balloon Races (UGH!!! I am TOTALLY missing this right now!!)
Summer in East Texas is beautiful, and I miss that part of my life. But life here is good. This is what I'm loving about Oklahoma summers:
-Very few mosquitos (How many East Texans can say that?)
-Splash pad trips
-Hopping in the car with one of my closest friends and traveling to Kansas for no reason
-Spending ALL day with my kids
-Fireworks continuing a week past the 4th of July
-A camel head inside my car at Arbuckle Wilderness
-Monday bible studies, Tuesdays with Kirby, Thursday night dinners, and whatever else happens to pop up during the week
Not that I think East Texas would be much different (except for the people involved), but even though I miss the Balloon Glow and the berry picking, I wouldn't trade that for what I've got now. God has been very intentional in our placement here, and I love what He's done. :)
Monday, July 13, 2009
What I Miss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Well, berry picking is pretty pathetic this summer. It's so hot! We miss having you here too, especially with the babies. I'm looking forward to Colorado. Cool weather and my grandbabies too!
Our fireworks continue all the way until July 24th... Apparently that's the day that the LDS saints arrived in the valley and settled - earmarking Utah territory for all of history as Mormon headquarters. It is a bigger celebration, from what I've been told, than the 4th... or anything else for that matter. Apparently everything shuts down. But not WalMart. Good old Wally World is not religion friendly...
Okay with me... I don't want to be outside participating...
what I miss- spending time with my awesome brother, sister-in-law, and adorable niece and nephew! you guys are the best and we miss you!
Post a Comment