No VasheyFam, I don't have a new blog. I'm just in a funk.
I have started writing post after post, but so many have gone unpublished. I have so many unfinished drafts on my post page that it's embarrassing. My mind and my heart has been elsewhere lately, and I'm a little ashamed to admit it. I don't know if it's just Oklahoma at this time of year; last year we didn't have internet during this time, so I couldn't blog anyway. Our weather is so freakishly dramatic in the fall, I can't imagine anyone can complete a coherent thought. For example, the month of November was almost spring-like, then a week before Thanksgiving, we dropped into the 20s. Then it went back up to the 70s, threatened to snow two days later, back up to 65, now we're under winter weather advisories with icy roads and all. I know I don't need to tell anyone that the weather can play with your mood dramatically. I'm sure everyone has experienced it to an extent.
The second thing that has been weighing me down is my children. I'm sure it has EVERYTHING to do with my mood swings, but my children have been a challenge lately. Conlan has been pretty difficult, potty training is STILL going on, and Vera's been cutting her second set of teeth for two months now. I'm weary. It's to the point where I'm not enjoying my children right now honestly. And who wants to be that mom? I know I definitely don't.
I know I should have shared this earlier; how else are people going to be praying for me? I mean, I haven't kept this to myself; I've shared with my church family here in Oklahoma. But I know so many people who will lift me up that only hear through the blog, so I should have posted something here as well. Part of me is embarrassed that I've been going through this for so long. It's been a couple months worth of struggle, and someone who is faithful should be over it by now, right? I know that's not true, but those are the feelings I've been struggling with.
So, that's why I haven't blogged. I'd share pictures of the kiddos, but I haven't pulled out my camera in about a month either. We did have professional pictures taken today by a friend of ours, and they're going to turn out well. In other news, I have recently become an avid knitter, which seems kinda funny to me. I found an adorable baby hat book that I'm working through. Vera has a new one (that's currently too big) and Conlan has one coming next. I'm also working on a few slouchy winter hats that I'm SUPER excited about. The patterns are purchased, not original, so I can't sell the hats unfortunately. Maybe someday I'll become talented enough at it to knit without a pattern. :)
So no, VasheyFam, I haven't changed my blog. I just haven't been writing. Thank you SO much for caring enough to ask. I miss you dearly my friend.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
I'm Still Here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Yay! You're back in blogdom. hugs from home...
Post a Comment