Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Two Posts, Two Days!!

So, this is my new attempt at starting over with blogging.  Like I mentioned last time I started over, I hope people are still reading.

I don't have oodles of time, so I'm going to start my re-blogging with a to do list.

Today:

-Go visit a good friend who is moving in a few weeks.  I'm throwing her son a surprise 8th birthday party tomorrow night, because they move to Missouri before he can have a party with his friends.  We could do it later, but his dad leaves on Sunday to start his new job.  I need to get a cookbook from her for the cupcakes he wants for his birthday.
-Hit up Academy to look for my dad's Christmas present.
-Make my son feel super special and get something accomplished at the same time.  He loves projects, and we have a few Christmas presents to finish for grandparents/aunts and uncles/great grandparents.
-Clean my house.
-Prepare for my Wednesday night Bible study.
-Learn my part for my trio/quartet for the Christmas play on Sunday so I'm not completely clueless when we go over it tonight at practice.  I have the trio part down, but last week I was asked to sing the tenor part in the quartet, and I had already memorized the alto part.  I have to re-train my brain.  Choral singers, I'm sure you understand.  Dana, I'm thinking of you...
-Buy a birthday present for Andrew, the special 8 year old mentioned above.
-Find time to work on/finish the slouchy hat I mentioned yesterday.

Tomorrow:

-Finish any cleaning that hasn't been done.
-Plan out what dessert I will bring to my Friday night cookie exchange.  I'm making macadamia butter cookies, and they are to DIE for.  I have to make a dessert too.
-Shop for Andrew's cupcakes, my dessert, and cookie ingredients.
-Make Andrew's cupcakes.
-Do any decorating that I might possibly do for the surprise party.
-Finish my slouchy hat.

Of course, if I'm smart enough, I'll get all of my shopping done today.  We'll see.

Love you all.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full! I hope it all goes well today honey. I'm still reading, btw!

Kate said...

Speaking of projects and making kids feel special... =) I don't know if I blogged about this but we went to the kid craft thing at Home Depot for the first time this month. It's free and the kids got to assemble and hammer nails and put wheels on their very own wagon. They decorated it with stickers, but when we got home, they asked me to peel them off so they could paint them. =) They had a blast making them and then a couple days later they had a blast painting them. We're going to keep going - the first Sat of each month - but I think it's going to be a Daddy/daughter date, which is awesome too! Lowe's has a similar thing, but I don't know when.