Day 3 of re-blogging! Going strong!!!
Yesterday I got quite a bit done. Much of the cleaning, working on my music, all my shopping... Unfortunately, I didn't get Conlan's project done, so that's high on the priority list for today. I also didn't get to my Wednesday night Bible study, but many of the people in the class hadn't gotten it yet, so we started going over it as a group. But more on that in a minute.
Today?
-Finish cleaning.
-Do the project that Conlan is so excited about.
-Make some cupcakes.
-Do a little decorating for my buddy Andrew.
-Finish that darn hat!
Anyway, the Bible study we are doing is called The Seven Hardest Things God Asks a Woman to Do by Kathie Reimer and Lisa Whittle. I had misplaced my copy but found it in the car on my way to church. Well, the first chapter is on focusing on a single thing versus multi-tasking. The point made is that there's a place for both, especially in this age where women have to multi-task. Kathie writes this chapter, and she mentions that "life pulls, shouts, and clamors for our attention, and our focus becomes blurry and distorted." How many of us deal with that? I'm guessing everyone. Well, she says that "we may have to press the reset button of our mind many times during the day." That seems pretty easy to understand, but I know it was a little bit of a revelation to me. I've been SOOOO busy lately, and often those 2 minutes of utter chaos ruins my entire day. Well, I want to learn how to reset and refocus. I generally think that a quiet time in the morning should fix my day. But when things are tough, I need to reset and refocus on God. Anyway, that what God spoke to me yesterday. I think I'm going to post "Reset" and "Refocus" around my house. I know I'll need to change it out a bit, otherwise it just becomes part of the scenery. Have a great day! I've got a lot to do. :D
Oh. And I hope to get a Christmas-y header up within the next few days to match my background. I just have some pictures to take.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Reset and Refocus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I really like the idea of resetting and refocusing. I could definitely use that a lot at work!
Hey Kelly,
Thanks for the good wishes! We're actually flying to Montana, otherwise we'd love to stop and visit you! It was good to see you in November. I'll be praying for you, and Merry Christmas!
Annie
I love the Christmas theme on your blog. The header is especially cute.
It's hard to balance all the balls in the air. It does get daunting at times. Reset and Refocus - good advice.
Post a Comment