Tuesday, January 27, 2004

One thing that has become increasingly aware to me is this: too many people in this world rely on others for their happiness. Girls seek after relationships with guys so that they can be happy. When they find the right guy, all the other girls say, "I'm so glad to see you happy." Yes, ladies, it's true. We rely on men for our happiness. I'm guilty of it too. My fiancee makes me very happy. But I keep finding one thing out over and over again...I can't rely on him to make me happy. When I do that, I'm not happy. I know that sounds contradictory. But it actually makes sense. I am engaged to the man that I am solely because of God. I did not meet him of my own accord. God pointed me in his direction and sparked a 6 hour conversation. I did not fall for him because of his looks (though he is hot :) ). God showed me his wonderful personality and spiritual sexiness (that's for Beth). Everything that drew me to him was of God. And so God is where I should be focused. When I look to Jonathan to make me happy, I find that I am not satisfied. Jonathan, in all his humanity, cannot bring me joy. In fact, focusing on him can only bring depression and sorrow. But God, oh yes, God brings joy and happiness and satisfaction. I want to encourage everyone to look to Jesus Christ for happiness. Don't rely on relationships or men. If you are single, use that time to grow spiritually. God can give you peace as a single woman or man. If you are dating, engaged, or married to someone, then make your love for them like hatred as compared to your love for Christ. That's scriptural (Luke 14:26). Remember, I am saying this to myself too. I continuously fall into this problem. Do yourself a HUGE favor. SEEK GOD!! He is so sufficient, and no man on earth can fulfill all of your needs.

No comments: