Wednesday, March 24, 2004

First of all, the truck sold last night. Praise God.

So I have about 20 minutes till class, and I'm sitting here with my hair dryer on my jeans trying to remove some of the wetness from my clothing. The rain has been a wonderful blessing today; pollen can't hang when it's raining...you just have to be careful where you step or you'll track it into your room. ANYway, I figured that instead of playing a card game or maybe work on my 6-8 page paper due tomorrow, I would blog. I'm not really sure what to blog about exactly. I like to share what God has been teaching me, but some of that is dangerously personal and will take longer to write out. Some of it I'll share when my paper's done. But for now, here's a song that I think is wonderful. It's a hippie song. madisongreene.com My fiance thinks the song is funny...he's a punk rocker type...finds it hilarious that I like hippie music. Anyway, here it is. It's about God's healing. Nothing we can do can keep us from His love.

Oh what have I done
This life left in my hands
Have I really let it go?
Have I sunk this low?
I have never known your face
But I've felt you, I have known you

And as I lay here
This blood on my hands
This whale rises up
Like tide in the storm
Like an aching
From the deepest depths
Of my empty belly

And all I can do is
Whimper this pathetic lullaby
For you my little one
My child

Lord I want to change
I can feel You burning this page

Oh what did I do
This death, my own, I cling to it
Have I let them take you?
Oh, have I sunk this low?
I have known my own face before
But it's darker now
I'm leaving stained

And as I stand here
My blood on my hands
The scream rises up
Like an army within me
There is not room in this hollow frame
To hide this loss
To lose this pain

So I pour it out in this
Sad, sad lullaby
For you my little one
My child

Lord, I swear I'm changing
I can feel it burning this guilt

Oh, what have You done
Your last breath breathed upon the cross
Have you suffered this for me?
No, not for me, please say its, not for me
I have never known Your face
But I put You there
To die in my place

And as I stand here
Your blood on my hands
My remorse rising up like a thousand voices
From a thousand death beds
There can't be room in Your hollow hands
To bear this weight
To take this sin

Oh, what is this grace
My life worth so much less than Yours
I have really sunk so low
And I know, You know
Yeah, I have never known my face
To shine with such a glow

And as I kneel here
Before You Lord
This praise on my lips
Like a river, like a flood
There is not room
In this hollow heart
For such a joy
I overflow

Lord how I have changed
I can feel the coolness, this peace

And God said
This is my lullaby for you
My little one, My child
Lay down your head to rest now
Lay down your pain to rest now
Lay down your shame to rest now
My little one, My child
My little one, My child
My precious little one, My child

No comments: