Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Yey!! My sister has a fiance!!

Lee, the blonde guy in the pictures posted previously, proposed to my sister about 2 weeks ago. This is the first time I've been able to write about it. So there's going to be a wedding next summer...not like there aren't a billion every summer.

Speaking of weddings, I went this past weekend to a very interesting wedding indeed. Sheridan Saylor and Chris Henson got married. They were both friends of mine in high school, though I knew them in different situations (at first). Sheridan was a buddy of mine from a different high school all together who I ended up playing music with for a while. I knew Chris through his older brother Andrew (now known as Andy). And eventually, I saw Chris and Sheridan in the same context...Encounter. Well the second I knew they were dating, I figured it would work. They're both such neat people. Well their wedding was performed by two different men. Casey being the first; Casey used to run Encounter. Considering they both used to attend, that makes sense. However, the second guy was Wayne. Now the last time I spoke with Wayne, he was associated with a youth group that wasn't so great. Don't get me wrong; the people involved were really strong Christians. However, the guy who ran the thing was a little creepy and made the whole thing a little cultish. So I definitely didn't expect to see Wayne at that wedding, much less officiating it. Anyway, it was a really big relief, because I always liked Wayne in high school. I thought he was a good man.

All that to say, it's really neat to see how God can bring two different people together that you would never plan on even meeting. I guess it made me think a lot of mine and Jonathan's wedding. Who'da thunk that we'd ever get married? Definitely not me. But I remember everyone saying that they never would have placed us together, but as soon as we started dating, they knew it was perfect.

I guess I just have weddings on the brain right now. In a few weeks dear Esther Ziljstra is getting married to bare-footed Tim. That's just how I remember him. Bare-footed with that hat on. Then sometime this upcoming spring my Jenny is getting married to Jayson Keidel (finally!!). No, they haven't been dating really all that long. But it was another one of those that was perfect from the beginning, so it was weird that they waited as long as they did. All I have to say is that Jayson surprised everyone with his timing. He waiting till everyone stopped talking about it and no one had it on their mind. Both Lisl and I were shocked. Considering Lisl is Jenny's best friend and we're all real close, that was a big thing.

Anyway, love is in the air, God is good, and He is the author and perfector of all things. I know that's not how the Scripture reference actually goes, but it's true.

2 comments:

didlake said...

Congratulations, you future sister-in-law!

peace,
nathan

sarah said...

sigh....