Friday, February 29, 2008

Oklahoma or Bust!

Okay, so it's been a long time since I last blogged. There probably isn't anyone who reads anymore. Anyway, I thought since we've moved and I'm now staying at home, I'd start blogging again.

So we finally took the plunge and moved to Shreveport for Jonathan's job. He's been commuting for a year and a half, so it was time. It's been pretty hard on me...I've been a Texan for all of my life, and believe it or not, it can be pretty traumatic to move states. I left home with no problem for college, but I stayed in the same state so it wasn't a big deal. This has been pretty hard. However, God has really started to teach me a lot. Interestingly, I was reading that Dana wanted to try the Beth Moore Jesus study, and I just picked that up last weekend. It's interesting, and very different, but good. It goes through the life of Christ in 90 days. I did Day 4 today, and I studied Mary's song in Luke 1. You read the scripture, meditate on it, answer a few journal questions, and then write a prayer based on the short lesson on the Scripture she writes in there. The point of the prayer is to pray God's word, so that's been really nice getting to know Scripture better. I've never been very good at memorizing Scripture, but I think that now that I'm home, I should be able to discipline myself better to do that.

Our munchkin is doing really well. He's SO close to walking I can taste it! Today, he walked around all morning by himself; when he fell over he would put his feet flat on the ground and crawl with his butt up in the air. Needless to say, he's his father's son. Very determined. :)

Speaking of his father, Jonathan could use prayer. We JUST moved to Shreveport two weeks ago, and now Jonathan has an interview in Oklahoma City next Wednesday for a promotion. We're not worried about him not getting promoted, so it's not a big deal if they choose to promote him now. Anyway, we could use some prayer for peace about the whole thing. We know that God will close the door if this is not the right time, but sometimes it's hard to give Him total control of our emotions. Also, Jonathan is really nervous. He doesn't need to be; he got an interview which shows him that he's a real consideration. Nevertheless, he's still ansy about the whole thing.

On top of all that, there's a chance we might not even end up in OKC, which blows all of our plans right out of the water. (For more details, send me an email. Anyone I would give that information to should know it already.) We're okay with God changing plans, and it seems that He might have just wanted us to leave East Texas before He revealed any more of His plans. Because we took the first step of faith when I went part time, then our house sold, then we moved, and then a spot for promotion comes open. All of this has happened since January 2nd. In two months time. God's been craving our faith this whole time, and we (unfortunately, mainly I) have been SO resistant towards change. It just goes to show that He really does know what He's doing in our lives, even better than us. I know it's not a revolutionary statement or anything, but it does seem to be a difficult one to grasp.

So if anyone still reads this blog, leave me a comment and let me know. I know my faithful few were Sarah Jo and Bethany for a while. Love you all. Night!

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

i have you on my google reader subscription, so it highlights your name if you post! and you did!!!!! yay!