So today started off interestingly. Jonathan has to work every other week or so on Saturday, so he got up and left before the day really got going. He also had to get some pants altered for his interview next week, so he had to take them to a tailor before work. (I later found out that they just needed to be hemmed, and they charged $8 a pant!!! I can do that! Jonathan didn't realize that beforehand though, and he would have felt awkward leaving the alteration place after just trying on the pants, so he just let them hem them.) Conlan woke up in an ornery mood. He was complaining from the very start about everything. At his age, he can't talk, so he just whines and cries and shakes his head no. And when I'm trying to change his diaper, he kicks his legs as hard as he can. Anyway, so I started off the day a little stressed.
I decided about 10:00 or so that Conlan needed to learn how to swim, so we put on our bathing suits and jumped in our huge garden tub. I know it takes a while to get the little ones accustomed to the water, so I wasn't expecting much. That was about right. As soon as his head hit the water, he started screaming. I'll try again later. :)
Jonathan and I just changed our bank, and we've been having trouble getting our cards to activate. So we went up to the bank today to figure out what's going on. Well, it turns out that the bank entered the wrong SSN for Jonathan, so our account is locked up until we can provide them with a SS card. We miss the small town banks. :( It made for a stressful day.
After Jonathan got home from work, we went to the Boardwalk on the Red River to go get some things for his interview. If anyone has ever been to the Louisiana Boardwalk on a Saturday afternoon, you know that it is a BAD idea. It takes forever to get to the Boardwalk, and then it takes forever to get through the traffic leaving. It was especially bad today, because they were doing a casting call for extras for two movies. One with Ice Cube and one with Jack Black. Someone that we talked to while there told us that they were looking for 600 extras. Everyone would have to be at this gym at 6:00 am next Wednesday and Thursday. We weren't interested.
So that's enough about the day. We're currently in the process of looking for a church in Shreveport, and I've got to tell you, I hate church hopping. It's just not something I enjoy. I miss Crossroads. We've only had a chance to look at two churches so far. Neither one is right. There are 12 non-denominational churches in Shreveport, and 329 Baptist churches. It's not that I'm against denominations, because I'm not, but it's hard. :( I know we're called to do hard things, but it's ALL hard right now. It would be nice if I could find a church with a women's Bible study to plug into. I know they're out there; I just haven't found one yet. We're going to go to a church called Springs of Grace Baptist tomorrow. It's the sister church of Adriana's home church in Tulsa.
Jonathan's been looking over my shoulder, telling me that my post is a novel, so I think I'll stop. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and complaints tonight. I was watching a movie while doing this, so I apologize if it's disjointed in any way. Night!
Saturday, March 01, 2008
A day in the life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment