So today we visited a church that we definitely want to stay at if we stay in Shreveport. It's called Springs of Grace Baptist Church. Thanks to Adriana for mentioning it. It's the sister church of Adriana's home church in Tulsa.
We definitely felt welcome there. The music was different, but very good. There was a mix of contemporary worship and hymns. The pastor was incredible as well. He spent the entire hour + that he was talking on ONE verse. Daniel 9:24. I went through a Beth Moore study about a year and a half ago on Daniel, so the book ever since then has held a special place in my heart. He went through the verse and went back to the Hebrew throughout the whole thing. By the way, here's the verse.
Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish
the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to
bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to
anoint the most holy place. --Daniel 9:24
It was just wonderful to be somewhere where the pastor was SO in depth with his teaching. I mean, honestly, that's what we came from at Crossroads, and it was discouraging thinking we would have trouble finding that. I was a little concerned honestly when he started talking about Daniel, because there are known to be churches out there that go too far with prophesy. But like I said, he went back to the Hebrew a lot. It was REALLY good. So God was really looking out for us.
We also met a young couple with three kids that took our number. Hopefully we can make some friends soon. Anyway, I'm encouraged. :)





3 comments:
that is encouraging!
Hey there! I'm so glad about the church! You know, I've found the 1950's style bathing suits are more modest. Maybe try looking up retro or vintage or 50's or something like that.....I'll see what I can find. I miss you guys too. It's weird not seeing you.
Hey, so glad you liked Springs of Grace. I didn't know you were blogging again. I had stopped checking! ;) And where am I on your blogroll, hmmm? :) Love and miss you guys. Give Conlan a big hug for me. :)
Post a Comment