Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party

Ultimate Blog Party 2008


Hey ladies! Dana had this posted on her site, and I just had to look. This is an opportunity to "meet" more blogging moms (and women). There are cool little prizes, but mostly it's great to know women all around the world. I have to write a little bit about myself from all of you newbies from 5 Minutes from Mom. I'm excited to do this!!

My Family: My name is Kelly. I'm a mom of one (and another on the way). My son is 16 months old and adorable!! I grew up in Texas, but I recently followed my husband's job to Louisiana. So I'm a Texan at heart, but I'm willing to live wherever. In fact, we're getting ready to move again to Oklahoma.

Hobbies: I'm currently trying to establish some hobbies. I love to play the piano and sing, and I need to do it more. I am learning how to sew and knit. I enjoy playing with my son and my dog. Occasionally, I watch TV. I enjoy Mythbusters, American Idol, and What Not To Wear.

Educational Philosophy: I believe that homeschooling is my priviledge and my right. I don't have a problem with people who send their kids to school, but I desire to raise my own. I have noticed an increase of governmental regulations towards homeschooling recently in certain states, and I don't believe that it's the government's place.

Where I've Been: I've been to every state in the South, except for Arizona (though that's basically the West). I've travelled to various cities throughout the US. I have also been to a few obscure countries in Europe--Switzerland and Greece.

Where I'm Going: This summer, we have a trip planned to Los Angeles for a family wedding. After the wedding, we plan on spending a few days in Southern California, enjoying the beautiful area.

Where I'd Love To Go: I'd love to go to China and Thailand. I also would love to backpack on Europe when my kids are a little older. Oh, and of course I'd love to visit New York. Whoh wouldn't??

Here are some pictures of my family.



I realized not too long ago that I didn't put my prize picks up here. So here we go!

  • 45 - A custom blog design by http://designsbysummer.blogspot.com/. Who couldn't use a blog makeover?
  • 57 - Set of "Winner's choice" announcements by http://www.littleladybugdesigns.com/. With a little one on the way, that could save some money.
  • 62 - A Boca Beth Bilingual set from http://www.bocabeth.com/...my husband has a brother and a sister from Columbia. They speak English now, but it would be good for my kids to learn Spanish.
  • 91 - Bert's Bees Naturally Ageless kit from http://www.geggieblog.blogspot.com/. Who doesn't love Bert's?
  • 114 - $20 Lush gift card from http://afteracupofcoffee.net/. This girl knows what she's talking about! If you haven't tried Lush, I recommend splurging JUST a little once in a while for some FABULOUS products.
  • I also wouldn't mind 4, 8, 11, 14, 15, 30, 60, 61, 67, 79, 84, or 113. Winning anything at all would be wonderful.

Enjoy the party!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi, Kelly. I'm so glad you decided to join the party. You have a great looking family -- what a cutie the little guy is!

Enjoy the party!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a beautiful family! It is so nice to meet you. We have a foreign exchange student from Thailand this year. If you go to Southern CA, Laguna Beach area is just gorgeous! I have photos on my flickr account.

So nice to meet you!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi... nice to meet you... I see you want to go to China... I am going there next year... we are adopting... I cannot wait... what a gorgeous family you have... party hearty and take care...

JoLynn Braley said...

Hi Kelly, I so agree with you on Lush - they're a great company with really cool products. :)

And I just have to comment on your pic of Oscar sitting all proud in his little coat in the car - how cute is that!! :)

Enjoy the party!

Sprittibee said...

Cute baby! Happy blog partying! Hope you win something.