Sorry it's been a while since I blogged. I've been too tired and busy lately.
Here's a little recap of my past week and a half.
After going to Nacogdoches last Monday, we came back to Shreveport. We were going to travel down to a little town called North Zulch, but my other great grandmother was sick. We came back Tuesday, and I decided to go back to Houston with my mom Wednesday morning. You see, we had a surprise trip planned to go to San Antonio to see my younger sister and her husband. They're french horn players and had auditions for the San Antonio symphony. (Lee, Cassie's husband, made it all the way to the third round-there were only three rounds- but didn't get the job.) Anyway, so I went to Houston and surprised my dad by coming down with my mom. When Dad came in the door, Conlan was standing in my parents' entryway. He saw my dad and ran to him. :) Dad hadn't seen him walk yet.
I spent a few days with my folks and Friday morning we headed down to San Antonio. Jonathan was supposed to leave early Friday morning and meet us there after lunch, but he had to work in the morning. (So it turned out to be good that I went to Houston.) We walked, took pictures at the Alamo, and walked some more. Jonathan got into San Antonio at about 10:30 that night. My sister's plane was supposed to come in at 10, but because of a snow storm in Michigan (where they're in grad school), they didn't get in until 3 in the morning...without their luggage. So they weren't real happy when we got them up at 9 the next morning for breakfast. But they were happy to see us. (It wasn't a surprise though, because Dad forgot to take Conlan's dumptruck of MegaBloks out of the trunk.)
Saturday we walked, took more pictures at the Alamo (this time with Jonathan :) ), and found some weird things to do. We went to the mirror maze, which was a lot of fun. Then we walked next door to Ripley's Believe it or Not, which was really interesting. Sunday morning, Jonathan, Conlan, and I got up to head back to our area of the world. By the way, if you ever have the time, take the scenic route. It doesn't matter where you're going. If you have the chance, hop off of the interstate. God has created some amazing things for us to see, and often you miss them if you're driving 75 mph. The "long" way to Longview (we were stopping in on Jonathan's family to spend Easter with them) only added an hour to the trip, and it was beautiful. Never underestimate the beauty of the place you currently live. Mountains are great, oceans are amazing, but the sun rising against Texas hill country is breath taking. I think that people often forget that God created "flat" too. A little side note: a few years ago we were in Colorado, standing on top of Mount Evans (it was snowing in July), and one of the best things to see was staring out beyond the mountains and being able to see the plains of Kansas. Anyway, back to the story.
Easter Sunday with Jonathan's family was wonderful. One thing I love is that his family opens up their house on every holiday, and I always see people I'm not expecting. This holiday, their lifegroup from church showed up. Now, this lifegroup is full of life. Young families with lots of children. It was so relaxing.
This week has been more of a tired week than busy. Now that I've told my sisters, I can officially say on here, I'm pregnant. I've been exhausted all week. Monday started off slowly, mainly because I got a call from a wonderful friend of mine who lives in Indonesia. It's amazing how we are still so close even when we haven't seen each other for almost three years. She was my maid of honor and one of the closest friends I've ever had. I still seek her out when I'm down, and she does the same with me. I love it. Well, after a few hours on the phone, my day was moving slowly, and it never got started.
Tuesday was better. I did lots of laundry and unpacked from our trip.
Yey!! I'm at today! Today we started the day with Toddler Time at the local library and checked out a few books. I chose Doctor Zhivago and The Notebook. I didn't really want to read these books specifically, but they were the books that I grabbed while chasing Conlan through the shelves of books. I read a little today, but most of my time was spent trying to clean up some more. I have to admit, though, I have a growing addiction to TLC. I turn it on while cleaning house, and I can tell you that by now, I know What Not To Wear. My other new weakness is the Discovery Channel. I'll drop everything to watch Mythbusters and How It's Made. I even like Cash Cab. I should just hide the remote. So I cleaned, and Conlan ran. He loves to say the word Duck. But it's not enough to just say it. He has to SCREAM it. It's cute, but it makes my head hurt a lot. I'll post a video tomorrow. Oh, he also learned how to say "Cheese" today. So precious.
Sorry for the long post. I'm hoping to get back to my more introspective posts soon. Right now I'm just trying to get caught up. :) G'night!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Week in Review
Labels:
San Antonio,
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
so will you guys announce it at crossroads the next time your there?? when will that be, by the way????????????????????
I like this kind of post too. It's great to hear how you're doing, and cute Conlan moments. :)
Kelly,
I am not sure if you remember me, but I am a good friend of Laura Hill's. (and Adriana's, Dana's, Stephanie's, LOL) We saw Conlan all the time because we did so much w/ the Hill's. My kids miss him. They couldn't understand where he had gone. lol It is neat to read your blog and see how he is doing. I had just told my mom the other day my favorite baby stage is when the scream words. It's just adorable. Congratulations on your new additions. Prayers for you all!
Aimee Akin
Dana, Jonathan and I have yet to discuss that. We'll be here this week, and next weekend we'll be in OKC looking for a house!! So it will be after that. But I'm sure we'll say something because a lot of people know already. Amiee, I think I might have met you at a garage sale Laura was having at her house...maybe? You know, she was the biggest blessing. I've only seen her a few times since Conlan stopped staying with her, and I keep meaning to give her a call when I'm in Longview. It would be good to see her again.
Post a Comment