This was a great weekend.
Friday I drove down to Houston to spend some time with my parents and sisters. My mom let it slip to my younger sister that I was coming. We talked about it, though, and really, there's no need to try and surprise her. I am within driving distance, and I only get to see her a few times a year, so if I can come, I will. My older sister, however, was VERY surprised. She, her fiance, and her fiance's mother came over to my parents' house Friday night. Conlan, Cassie and I hid in a back room. When they came into the living room, we sent Conlan out to meet them. They had no idea. Then Cassie came out of the back room. More surprises!! We played Apples to Apples late into the night. We went to bed around 11:30 or so after Kristen and company left.
Saturday we spent the morning lounging around and drinking coffee. This is typical when we're at my parents' for a Saturday morning. I love it. We normally go sit outside for coffee, but it was raining. Around 10:00, we all realized that we were leaving in an hour, so we rushed to get ready. Of course we were late. (We're always late.) The shower was nice. There was wonderful food and family I hadn't seen in a while. After the shower I drove back to Longview.
During the drive, I realized that I didn't have a babysitter for Conlan. I had Jonathan call a few people, but when we realized how closely I was going to be cutting it on time, I called some people who were closer to his parents' house. We ended up leaving Conlan with our friends Ginger and Russell. Their daughter Piper and Conlan both stayed with Adriana this last fall, so it was good for him to see her again. When we dropped him off, they were sitting in their front yard playing. Conlan didn't even notice us leave.
The ballet recital was wonderful. We really enjoyed watching Mary and Camila dance. There was a lady sitting next to me though who thought it necessary to take pictures using the flash. I missed a large portion of the dance that was after her daughter's because I was blind.
Sunday morning Jonathan got up and went to worship practice early. I woke up and had a hard time going back to sleep, because Conlan decided he wanted to serenade me. He did that at my parents' house as well. I got up and ate breakfast and just sat and talked. Jonathan's parents' house is relaxing in a completely different way. While Tom was waiting for the younger kids to get ready so they could head to Sunday school, he played praise songs on the piano. It just made the whole rushed feeling that was starting to creep up melt away. The rest of us got ready and got to church right as the service started. It was Jonathan's last Sunday to lead, so it was difficult for him. Calixto spoke, which was wonderful, because he and Brenda have been gone for a while. I stayed in for most of the service, but I still have the nasty congestion that's causing headaches.
The left side of my head has been in serious pain since Saturday morning. I'm wondering now if it's allergies and not a cold (that's still left.) Every time I cough, pain shoots up my sinuses. I could have an infection, but now is a horrible time for me to take time out to sit at the doctor's office. I just don't have the time for it. If things are still nasty next week, I'll go first thing.
What am I thankful for?
23) Saturday mornings and coffee
24) Surprises
25) My sisters
26) Dance recitals
27) Sundays with my in-laws
28) Tylenol Cold :)
Monday, April 28, 2008
Family and Fun
Labels:
1000 reasons to be thankful
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment