Our adventure was facinating. You know, I thought I would love it, but I didn't realize how much. There are lots of small businesses and small restaurants and huge antique stores. I didn't actually antique shop on historic Route 66 like I thought I was going to be. I couldn't find it. I did, however, go to Bethany, which is on US 66. Not the same. I did find a park along historic Route 66, and we drove that for a little bit. I think I have to get out of OKC before I really get to enjoy the historic areas.
Anyway, we went to the stores on US 66, and there was a lot out of our price range. Most of it was beautiful, by the way, and still pretty cheap, but it was more than I wanted to spend. The owner of the last store told me about a different store that was even cheaper and really big. It was in an old roller skating rink. (The store is called The Rink...creative, huh?) Well, I walked in, and I had about 5 different hutches to choose from in my price range. I found one for $150. :) Yey!! We have to pick it up on Sunday. Because I had a little bit left over, I looked for a tea set I had seen when we went last Sunday. I found it, but it was more than I wanted to spend. The cheapest I've seen it was $45. It's a beautiful cornflower blue set with a thick golden rim. The whole cup is iridescent. I'll look for it on Ebay I think.
Oh Brenda...we're about 1.5 hours from Ardmore. Straight up I-35. No, we don't have a tornado shelter, but the advance warning system is so good here, a safe place in the house should be sufficient if it's needed. Eventually I'd like to put a storm shelter in; I think it would increase the value of this house significantly. Also, it would be nice to have one. :) We do have a bathroom on the inside of the house, and there aren't a lot of trees around our house, which is good. Less chance of something falling on it.
Anyway, have a great day! I'm going to go work on painting Conlan's room some more.
Friday, May 09, 2008
Adventure Update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I can't wait to go shopping with you. Scope out the awesome places so we can check them out together. ;)
Ooh, can you post a picture of your hutch? I want to see it! =) I have never antique shopped. Sounds cool!
I'll post pictures when I get it. I didn't take pictures of it except with my cell phone to send to Jonathan. You should come down here and shop with me sometime. It's a lot like garage saleing, except you spend a little more (or a lot more depending on what you're buying and if you're really particular) and almost everything's breakable. I love looking at teacups. I have a little weak spot for anything tea related. Now that we have a china cabinet on our hutch, I can keep some teacups without worrying about Conlan breaking them. Anyway, it's fun, even if you don't buy anything, because it takes you back. Like I said, we'll have to go. I can even come up there and you, Anna and I can all go together.
Post a Comment