I just had to share this.
Yesterday when I was kind of at the low point of my depression, Jonathan pointed something out. He said that lately, instead of overcoming obstacles, I just throw my hands up and give up. Of course, when he said it, all I did was get upset. I didn't want to listen. But as the day went on, I continued to process what he said. Of course, he was right. Well, this morning, I was doing a quick devo in a Beth Moore prayer book. It's one where there's a statement for each day and a prayer at the bottom. This was my statement for this morning:
"Our promised lands are characterized by the presence of victory, not the absence of opposition."
Wow. Was that right on for me or what? Here are a few lines in the prayer that really hit me:
"As hard as it may be for me to comprehend, You can and will work these terrible challenges for good if I will cooperate with You and see myself as one called according to Your purpose...You only lead to victory, Christ Jesus. If I will keep following You, I will get there."
Sometimes I forget that God put Jonathan and I together so that we can bring each other closer to Him. This woman is very prideful and selfish most of the time. I subconsciously think the main purpose of our marriage is to improve Jonathan. I think it's a struggle that all wives have at some point in time, but I really want to humble myself and remember that God has given me a very wise husband. He may screw up every once in a while, but I screw up more. He's also more willing to admit he's wrong. Humbling thought.
Anyway, my munchkin is calling for me. I'm going to go play for a little bit. Have a great day!!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
God Speaking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Some times the things we need to overcome need to be pointed out to us. When we see them and know them it's a whole lot easier to work through them than some mystery demon that we have to fight. Embrace this time.
Post a Comment