Saturday, May 17, 2008

Life as Usual

The last few days, not a ton has happened.

Thursday night I had a horrible time sleeping and didn't fall asleep until after 3 a.m. As a result, I didn't get up until almost 11. I was surprised I was able to get up that late; Conlan was just playing happily in his bed. By the time I got up, he was already starting to fall asleep again. We got up, got ready, and I wanted to get out of the house. We drove down to Norman, which I don't know really at all. As I was turning to go to Target, I accidentally ran a red light...with a cop right behind me! Needless to say, I got a ticket. That started to put a damper on my mood pretty quickly. After that, I went to the mall, and Conlan and I walked around a little bit. Or a lot bit. :) We walked around for 3 hours. I just wanted to walk. During that walk, I found a swimsuit that I'm happy with. Jonathan was all for me paying a little more; I don't think he wanted to listen to my yearly rant (though this was back in March). So we forked out a little more money, and I found a swimsuit that I liked and covered well. I bought a swimsuit last year, but I ordered it online and it didn't fit like I thought it should. Anyway, I'm happy for another few years at this point. After we got back, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark. We're going through the Indiana Jones trilogy right now (as are many Americans.)

This morning we got up early and went for a walk. Jonathan had to go to work (Wednesdays are his Saturdays), and Conlan and I went to look at garage sales. Of all the houses in our neighborhood, there was only ONE. It was a beautiful day for it too. We walked all around for almost one and a half hours. It was just nice to explore. One thing that Conlan has started doing recently is sing. He always starts out with "Hi, hi, hi..." and then adds some gibberish. When he's done with his song, he claps and says "Yey!" He did that the whole time we were walking. After the walk, we ate a little snack and played for a bit. I then put him down for a nap and cleaned a little. After his nap, we ate lunch. I hadn't been feeling great allergy-wise, so I took a Tylenol allergy pill. After about an hour, I was incredibly exhausted. I put Conlan down for another nap, because I could barely stay awake. The pill was making me VERY drowsy. I'm not sure how long I slept, but I was still half asleep when Jonathan got home at 5:30. He wanted to take me out to dinner. :) We had a gift card for the chain of Chili's restaurants. I don't really like Chili's, so we went looking for a Macaroni Grill. Jonathan didn't get the directions quite right, so we ended up far north of town in Edmond. We just turned around and went back to our side of town and ate at a burger and shake place. It was very pleasant. We're now sitting down and watching Temple of Doom, movie two in the Indiana Jones trilogy.

Things have been pretty normal, like I said. We're going to a church called Bridgeway tomorrow. We think this is the church that has some sort of relationship with Crossroads. (I don't know his name, but a church worker speaks a lot to the high school youth.) Incidentally, it's also the home church of Charlie Hall. They have a very interesting website. Read here about their house churches...they're based on areas of outreach. :) I'll let you know.

Well, night to all. I miss you all. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, sorry about the ticket. That's no fun. I can't wait to hear how Bridgeway went. :)

Vashey Fam said...

Wyatt and I walk around our neighborhood for hours too. Sometimes I just walk to clear my head.