Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Saturday

Today started off a little differently thank usual. Jonathan woke me up around 7:15 and said, "I have a surprise for you." He then proceeded to hand me my computer. My old roommate Amanda was online!! She lives in Indonesia, so I don't get to talk to her often. Well, she's coming to the States at the beginning of June. Her family lives in Washington, but she's coming down South this time, because she hasn't seen anyone down here for about 3 years! In fact, I remember taking her to the airport three years ago in June. It feels like it was yesterday in fact. Anyway, so we talked logistics about getting her down here and around Texas. She has family in Houston, so she plans on flying in there. Since I have family there as well and don't work, I am going to try to transport her up to Longview for her visit. Someone else will have to take her back to Houston, though. I am so excited to see her!!

The rest of my morning was weird. I was half asleep, so I put Conlan back down around 9:30; I could barely stay awake. I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 11:30 or so. Conlan and I then got ready for the day and went to Norman for lunch. There's a Souper Salad there, and I miss that restaurant!! Well, with all the construction and mall traffic, I never got there. I later found out that it's OU graduation day, so the traffic was worse! I turned back around and went to Taco Bell in Moore.

Conlan and I played all afternoon and took a walk. We found a garage sale that was still going on and spend $1 on some clothes for next winter. I then worked on cupcake ideas for William and Kerri's wedding. William is my brother-in-law, and I am honored that they want me to do their wedding cake...well, cupcakes. I made the cake for Rachael, my sister-in-law, and that was an experience. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot. Cupcakes should be easier though, because I don't have to do it all myself. We're going to have a little party. :)

This evening we went out with one of Jonathan's co-workers. They're really nice people. They have a little girl about 8 months younger than Conlan. It was nice to make some friends.

What I'm thankful for:
33) Small town adventures
34) New friends
35) Friendly faces
36) Toddler giggles
37) Sunny days

1 comment:

The Peacock Pearl said...

here are some cupcake blogs that i've been browsing through, you might find some good ideas :)

http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

http://feeds.pinkcakebox.com/PinkCakeBoxPastries

http://blog.hellocupcakebook.com/atom.aspx