This is what I was greeted with yesterday morning.
Conlan was very happy to be eating oatmeal. For some reason, I don't think about it often, but it's great for him and he likes it a lot. Here are some more happy breakfast faces.
I have been needing to practice cupcakes; I am making cupcakes for Jonathan's brother's wedding. I haven't done them a lot, so I needed to work. Also, I haven't made a cake since Kerri's shower back in December, so I'm a little rusty. Sooo, Conlan and I went to Wal-Mart to get cake supplies. While we were there, I walked by the Crayola aisle to see how much sidewalk chalk was. The tub I have at home is just under $2 now, so I bought another one. Conlan and I went outside when we got home and did this.
He really enjoyed coloring with the chalk. We would have been out a lot longer, but he started throwing the chalk and laughing when it rolled down the driveway into the street. The last shot up there was because he was sitting in all the drawings. I just found it funny.
After lunch, we worked on the cupcakes. I decided to make the red velvet ones first and take most of them over to out next door neighbors. They've been really kind and take our trashcans out every Thursday. Jonathan generally works late that night, and we have to have our trashcans out by 6 am Friday morning. Well, our neighbor's son has been taking them to the curb for us. Super sweet. I took them about a dozen cupcakes for being so nice.
Here's a picture of one of the cupcakes. Kerri is wanting fondant on top of the icing...it just makes it prettier. I just used one of the stamps I had here to see how well it worked; I'm probably going to get a textured roller or something so that she can have the design she wants. Sorry it's a little blurry.
Conlan got one of the cupcakes. I left him in his highchair so I could clean up my mess. When I came back, this is what I found.
That's what I get for giving a toddler a red velvet cupcake. He was not happy to have his picture taken. But I took some anyway. He was making me laugh. Conlan was hyper for about 45 minutes, then he crashed before he ate dinner. I just let him sleep. He woke up this morning chipper and hungry.
Today I'm meeting Jonathan at his work. He's delivering a car out to Ardmore, and I'm going to follow him down there in a company vehicle. His work is going to buy us dinner tonight. Yey! Other than that, not much is going on today.
2 comments:
adorable! You are such a good Mommy. ;)
What a cutie! I think he looks a lot like you in that last picture... that is, if you had cupcake all over your face. :)
Post a Comment