Hey everyone.
I know I said I wouldn't be blogging for a week or so, but I really needed a connection with someone that I know. Plus, I had some business I had to tend to, so I'm sitting here at Starbucks at 9:30 at night. Jonathan is at home with Conlan and I ran up here for a second, so I thought I'd say hi! :)
Oklahoma is beautiful. We were welcomed Thursday night by a severe thunderstorm with hail. I didn't fall asleep until 1:30, because I was freaking out! We were on the top floor of the hotel, so I was laying there...waiting for the tornado sirens. Plus, Conlan came down with the bug that's going around (down there) Thursday night. He was coughing and hacking nastily all night. Jonathan had to eventually make me take some Sudafed to fall asleep. (I'm not feeling well either, so I wasn't just taking drugs to fall asleep. But I generally avoid Sudafed like the plague. I hate the way it makes me feel.)
Everything went well with the house. I should have brought my camera with me; I could have shared pictures with you. I'll try and do that as soon as we get the internet. As for Conlan, we couldn't get him into a doctor until tomorrow morning, so I've been worrying about him a lot. Friday afternoon we went by CVS to get me some allergy meds and found that they have something called a Minute Clinic. They see patients all the way down to 18 months, so we took Conlan in. He has an ear infection, but since he hasn't had a fever, they can't prescribe an antibiotic. :( So he's been taking allergy meds from before and Motrin to keep the swelling down in his throat. I'm really glad I get to take him in tomorrow morning.
My parents came up here to help us move in, and they decided that they wanted to buy us some new furniture for our new house. We ended up with a living room, bedroom and dining room set!! We got them all for relatively cheap, because we went to Factory Direct stores and got them for discounted prices. (Also, my parents only paid for half of the kitchen set. We financed the rest.) My parents bless in a really different way, and they realize that it's sometimes difficult for us to accept their gifts. Jonathan was incredibly excited about all of it; he's been ready for new couches for ages. He feels like we're finally growing up. :)
As for me, I'm sitting here at Starbucks, a hangout of my highschool days, feeling like an overworked, sleep-deprived college student ready for the end of the semester. Groups of them are sitting outside in the dark, while others are huddled around tables, books scattered every which direction with myriads of empty cups spotting the table. It's funny...just this little outing this evening makes me feel younger, yet more grown up at the same time. I'm ready for our life to begin anew, yet I'm scared of change. I don't know if I'm making sense to anyone.
Well, it's time for me to do my motherly duties. The main reason I came was to get the name of Conlan's doctor tomorrow. I forgot who we were going to see. :) I'll drop by your blogs and say hello. We're probably going to get internet sooner than we thought; I don't want to have to pay $10 every time I want to blog. (That's how much a 24 hour TMoblie HotSpot costs.) Hopefully I'll be back up by Tuesday. I think I'll go crazy if I'm not. Love you all. Thanks for your prayers. :)
Sunday, May 04, 2008
This Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hey! So you probably won't get this without having already spent another $10, but... I looked to see if there is a Panera Bread in OKC and there are three! It happens to be very yummy and they have free Wi-Fi at all of the locations in OKC (I think all locations everywhere, actually, but I made sure on these). They are:
2035 South Meridian Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 680-8864
6816 North Western Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
(405) 843-2566
3321 Northwest Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 840-8222
So even if you get a bagel that's like a buck or something, it beats $10 for internet. =P Mmmm, I want Panera now. I have a gift card, too. Oh, but I am potty training this week. Maybe next week! =P If you go, think of me while you eat a bagel and I'll be happy, lol.
Panera's are great because they donate all the left over bread each day to charities. :-] hang in there Kelly! things will settle down and periods of rest will come.
:-)
Oh I miss Panera! That was one of my favorite hangouts in Chicago. Kelly, I hope you guys are feeling better now! I wish I could help!
Post a Comment