How many times do I write that as a title? I think I need to get more creative. :)
Jonathan left early this morning to go to a Bible study that some of the Enterprise men have on Wednesday mornings. How exciting is that?!?! Generally these guys rock and roll all night and party every day, so it's nice to know that my husband is around some believers where he works.
Yesterday was a big day! I'm REALLY excited about Jonathan's Father's Day present, but I can't talk about it, because he reads my blog. Sorry hon!! For our 4th anniversary (which is tomorrow), we gave each other a Wii. We had kind of given up hope and decided against it; they're so hard to find here. But the way we generally buy gifts, we would be spending that much on each other anyway, so why not? Well, after I picked up his Father's Day present (which was intended to be his anniversary present), I stopped by a Gamestop on the way home. They had some Wiis, so I just went ahead and got it since I found one. If you don't know anything about it Wii, here's some information. It's a video game system that requires you to stand up and move to play. The console comes with a game that has tennis, boxing, bowling, baseball, and golf on it. It's a video game, but it's more interactive than most systems. Nintendo sends a few at a time to stores that sell them once a week, and most of the time they're gone in a matter of hours. I know that in places like Houston, they have them in stock more often. But up here, they still go quickly. You can buy them on Ebay and online, but they're more expensive. Most stores only sell them online in some kind of special pack that requires you to buy extra games and accessories, and it's much more expensive. As far as game systems go, the Wii is incredibly cheap. Anyways, we stayed up late last night playing tennis and baseball and laughing like crazy. It's a good bonding experience. I hit my hand on the coffee table while bowling at one point and my shoulder really hurts today.
Conlan is in a particularly grumpy mood today, but I don't know why. We have a lot to do. Since Jonathan will be off tomorrow, I have LOTS of cleaning and cooking ahead of me. I leave for Houston/Longview on Friday and will be back home on Tuesday. I'm cooking food for Jonathan to heat up while I'm gone so he's not tempted to eat out every night. I also plan on leaving the house in pristine condition so that it's ready for our visitors next Wednesday. I have a long day ahead of me, so I should stop blogging now. Sorry I haven't been on top of this.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
A Busy Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
We also got a Wii for our fourth anniversary last summer, and I think we've played it every single day since. I don't know what games you have, but pretty much all of the Mario ones are a blast! (We also play a truly nerdy amount of Lego Star Wars, but I'm not officially admitting it... hehe)
I think the wii's look like fun..but then I'd have to get a TV too. and that would totally ruin all my plans.
Sounds like fun! We'll have to play it when we see you!
Oh, and the pressure of coming up with clever titles! ARGH! I can't tell you how many times I've deleted whatever title I've written because I've used it too many times. The hazards of compulsive blogging, I guess. :)
is your garage sale this weekend? Or have you postponed for a while? Stephanie and I are doing another
1-day sale at Dana's house tomorrow. Hope it goes well and we get rid of everything!!
I love the pix of Conlan...the kids couldn't quite figure out what the red was on his face! they thought he was hurt!
Post a Comment