So once again I've disappeared from the blogging world. With my mom in town, I haven't had a ton of time to write.
We started off the week with shopping, shopping, and more shopping. I needed to find a dress for my sister's wedding. Thankfully, she didn't have specific dresses for us, just a specific color. A Tiffany blue. I always thought Tiffany blue had a purple undertone, but apparently I was wrong. It's has a green undertone...meaning I was looking for teal. We checked out all the bridal shops in town, and everyone said we were going to have to order one. There was even a shop that made all of their dresses that could make it in 3 weeks, but I felt bad asking them to do so. The reason I was so late on the dress is that I was going to have a maternity dress made. Since I lost the baby, I have been waiting for the remaining weight to drop off to get a regular one. Well, interestingly enough, I found a dress at Dillard's, of all places. Pretty!! (The dress, I mean.)
Tuesday was dedicated to working on flowers for William and Kerri's wedding. We drove around a little more in the morning and worked on daisies all afternoon. Half of them are done, which means I have a LOT more flowers to make.
Wednesday was prepare for garage sale day. However, Jonathan had asked us to meet him for lunch. We had some errands to run in the morning, and we spend most of the morning outside. (Spending the morning outside in Oklahoma is NOTHING like spending the morning outside in Texas. Around 11 it gets warm. We've had WONDERFULLY cool weather.) Well, Conlan fell asleep on the way to lunch. We went to Panera (I thought of you Kate!) and Conlan wasn't acting right. Jonathan was holding him for a while, and then I took him so Jonathan could eat. As soon as I was holding him, he threw up all over me!! Nothing hit the floor; it was all on my shirt. So we went to the bathroom and cleaned up, and we got food to go. As soon as we got home, we put Conlan down for a nap and started working on the garage sale. By the way, Conlan had a high fever. I started to worry. While we were working on getting everything set up, we had a few neighbors stop by and ask if they could buy stuff early, mainly the TV we had. So that was gone before our sale even started.
Thursday morning Conlan woke us up early crying. We had all gone to bed late, and we were so tired he had been crying for a while. By the time we got to him, he was angry. He yelled and cried uncontrollably for a while. We gave him some Motrin and he was fine for a little bit. However, we could see him deteriorating throughout the day. The garage sale went pretty well the first day. We didn't have a lot of small things, so we were excited when we sold most of them. Our big stuff is still around. Well, after we finished the garage sale for the day, I called the doctor. Conlan had been screaming for about 2 and a half hours, and I was really getting concerned. Even though there are things I didn't really like about the doctor's office we just started going to (no well/sick waiting), the nurse I talked to was INCREDIBLY kind. Her name is Jo. Jo talked me through the whole experience, and then she said to bring Conlan up and they would look at him. It turns out he has hand, foot and mouth. It's a virus that causes sores in the mouth and on the feet and hands (hence the name). He was crying all day because of the sores in his mouth. :( The doctor told us that if we could break the fever, he would be fine within 48 hours. (Since we go to California next week, it's REALLY important for him to be well.)
Today we're selling again. We only have another hour to sell, and we're hoping that we get rid of our couch today. If we don't, I plan on getting well aquainted with Craig's List. Most everything else is going to Goodwill (or a mission if I can find one.) Conlan slept 12 hours last night. The doctor gave us a trick to soothe his mouth and his stomach. (He was getting so worked up that he was barfing.) You mix Children's Benadryl and Maloxx and give him a teaspoon every six hours. Now, I did NOT feel right about giving so much medicine to a kid his size. So we did that once before bed time and only gave him about 3/4 of a teaspoon. I don't plan on doing it again, but it worked well last night. Today he's being a silly little boy. :)
Mom leaves at 6:30 tonight. Hopefully I can get my house back in order tonight.





2 comments:
awww - I hope he feels better!
I had to wear a tiffany blue dress that looked very similar to that (only it was long) for a wedding - it's apparently a very "in" wedding color this season :-)
hang in there!
love,
sj
p.s. people named Jo are usually cool ;-)
Ah, poor sweetie. We had that go through our family--I never got it, but a friend of mine did. Rachael was the spreader. It's painful! Ugh. The dress is awesome, by the way. I didn't see anything that pretty at our Dillards. :(
Post a Comment