Our week in Houston was wonderful!
I got in early Monday morning, with absolutely no incidents from Conlan on the plane. In fact, the lady sitting next to me complimented his behavior. She thanked me for requiring him to behave on the plane and for teaching him to respond to my instruction. I was shocked. I guess there are a lot of people out there who don't discipline their kids at all anymore and let them do whatever they want. I don't know. I'm not so sure it's me; Conlan is a VERY good natured child.
The week was mainly a time of relaxing; we do that a lot at my parent's house. There was a little shopping done; that's also something we always do. If you need cute clothes for a little kid (especially a boy), we found this store called Crazy 8. It's the "Old Navy" version of Gymboree. They told me that they carry more boys clothes, but only about 60% of what they carry in Gymboree. I, for one, cannot stand to pay Gymboree prices, so I was all over this store. Here's the website.
Towards the end of the week, we started working on wedding stuff. We went over to Kristen's (my older sister) and made truffles for her wedding favors. I haven't always had a close relationship with Kristen, so it was nice to spend so much quality time with her this week. I feel like I'm closer to her than I was before. I also got some quality time with Cassie (my younger sister) and her husband Lee. Cassie and Lee got married last summer, and I haven't been able to get to know him very well. We had a lot of fun playing games late at night and joking around.
Jonathan came in on Friday morning, and we went over to Kristen's to finish up centerpieces, and then went home to rest. The rehearsal went great. Jonathan and I sang "Collide" by Howie Day (with a few changes in lyrics...necessary if you know the song) and didn't need microphones! Yey! The room was acoustically perfect. If I have to sing into a mic, I tend to shy away and then sound pretty horrible, so I'm glad I didn't need one. The rehearsal dinner was at a Brazilian steakhouse, and that was AWESOME. Men came around with skewers of meat and cut pieces off for you. Really cool.
The wedding went wonderful as well. I was a little worried about Conlan; he was the ring bearer. But he did well. He walked down the aisle holding my hand saying, "Mai-Tei" (the name of the maid-of-honor.) But when we got to the stairs, he didn't want to climb. That's highly unusual for Conlan. So I ran him over to Jonathan. Kristen wanted me to dangle a cookie on a stick. :)
Sunday we went home on another uneventful flight. When we got back, we got a call from some college friends, so we met up with them for dinner. They were coming back from a wedding up in Iowa; Jonathan's college roommate got married. We, unfortunately, missed that wedding. But we had a great time at the one we were at.
Today we get things back on track. Library, groceries, bank, etc. Everyone have a wonderful day! God bless!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Home again...again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
good to have ya back!
who was it in Iowa that got married? I'm curious :-)
I'm glad that Conlan did well on the plane! :-)
sj
Jonathan DeMildt. :)
Ah. I can just see Conlan. He's so darling. I can also see Kristen wanting you to lure him with a cookie on a stick. Too funny! I'm glad it went well and that you had a great time.
I hope Wyatt does as well on the plane this Friday! Are you visiting here anytime soon? We could get our boys together for tux pictures!
Congratulations on winning the drawing on Dana's site!! You lucky thing.
Post a Comment