We had visitors for the 4th, which is why I haven't blogged...again. From all the catching up I've been doing though, I know I'm not alone in that.
Jenny and Jayson are good friends of ours from college. Jenny was my suitemate. They decided to drive up Thursday night. I spent all day Thursday working on cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping. Jonathan had to work late, and Jenny and Jayson got in right before Jonathan. We sat outside for a while and watched the pre-holiday fireworks. :)
Friday morning we wanted to go down to the mountain range in southern Oklahoma, but the waterfall park we were thinking about didn't have a lot to do for the price. So, we ended up at a drive-through wilderness park. Here are pictures!! :)
After the drive-through part, we parked at the gift shop to walk through the zoo area. It was starting to rain, so we moved quickly. However, we did stop to take these pictures.
The last one is my favorite. :) We saw kangaroos and lemurs from Madagascar (to which I couldn't help but say "Mada-who-ha?") and then jogged back to the car through the misting clouds. Pretty much as soon as we got in the car, the clouds burst. It was very beautiful. The rain, however, didn't last very long, and our 4th plans weren't ruined. We grilled steak and shrimp and watched our neighbors shoot fireworks off illegally. They live two doors down from a cop, and apparently the fireworks laws are loose-ish. I still won't shoot them off, but we had fun watching.
Saturday we went up to Route 66 while Jonathan was working. There's an awesome antique shop called The Rink up there that has super cheap antiques. Jenny and Jayson had been looking for a dresser and found a beautiful French provincial style one for an incredible price. We went to a Thai restaurant for lunch and then home for a nap. After Jonathan got home, we went back out to The Rink to pick up the dresser and then to Bricktown for dinner.
This morning we went to Bridgeway, which we've pretty much decided we're going to go to church. I have spent all afternoon on the couch; last night I just started to feel slightly under the weather. This morning I was feeling worse. So, now I'm blogging on the couch, relaxing, trying to get better. That was our weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!
3 comments:
those pictures are great!!
hiya, kelly. love your blog!
boy, i would sure love the chance to talk to you and jonathan before you guys make a final decision on a church home. i don't want to sound desperate and i REALLY don't want you to feel pressured, but we are committed to making a difference in our community and you and jonathan (and conlan!) would be a huge help. you seem to be a gifted couple.
again, i promise not to "sell" you. if you feel like it, email me (randy@covenantlifeassembly.org) or give me a call at the church office (799-6353). i look forward to hearing from you.
i am grateful.
randy
I WANT to go to that place!!!!!
Post a Comment