Saturday, August 02, 2008

Changes

We have implimented a lot of changes within the past few days.

1. Conlan is officially a toddler, so we have converted his bed to a toddler bed. It may seem a little premature, but we wanted him to have some responsibility for staying in bed. He hasn't climbed out of his crib yet, but now we won't be dealing with that. So far, it has gone really well. When he's ready for a nap (always after lunch), he goes to sleep without a fight. At bedtime, he did well too. This morning, however, he was on the floor when I went to get him. I don't know if he fell out, but even if he did, he wasn't upset about it.

2. Pacifiers are now for bed time only. This one is a little more difficult, but every time he asks for it, I just tell him no. By the time he's two, he won't have pacifiers at all. We kept him on one because of the moves and then travels, but now things are clear for a while.

3. Time out is now in the living room. It doesn't work to put him in his bed now that he can get out of it.

I'm really enjoying that Conlan is growing up. He's definitely a little boy now. It's time we start treating him like one. :)

Today I have to get some grocery shopping done. This isn't ideal, because this weekend is Tax-Free shopping for back to school. I do have to resist my urge to shop (tax-free is clothes and shoes) though. There are some things I've had my eye on. :)

Thanks for your comments on my last few posts. I'm sorry for the depressed attitude I've had going lately. Insomnia can mess with your head. God is good though, and He's taking care of me.

3 comments:

Bethany Bassett said...

We moved Natalie to a toddler bed soon after her first birthday... I think different kids have different timetables for that, but it sounds like Conlan's ready!
I hope your insomnia is letting up. I've been thinking of you a lot lately when I've been exhausted, wishing we could hang out with big pot of Sleepytime tea. And sleeping pills. ;)

Vashey Fam said...

Oh, he is growing up! I was just thinking about Wyatt moving to a big boy bed and it made me kind of sad. Jon was talking about you guys this morning at breakfast. We'd like to drive up and visit!

sarah said...

ahh changes. :-]
you don't have to apologize for going through the ups and downs that mark humanity. We know that grace is there too. :-)

love!