Okay, this may seem like a really materialistic title, but I have been trying to decide how I would like to decorate my house for a long time. Jonathan and I have different tastes in decorating, and our house usually ends up looking hectic and discombobulated. When we moved, Jonathan told me that I can have creative authority with our house. Well, I finally figured out what I like.
I like old. I like weathered. I like things that look antique, but I want to use them. I've really discovered this while working on a room that we're currently working on re-doing. It's our guest room right now, but when/if we ever have a little girl, it will be her room. We don't want to have to work really hard to get it all done when/if I get pregnant with a girl, so I'm thinking about it now. Anyway, a few months back I found some scrapbooking paper. Most of it looks like old wallpaper, and that's what I love.
So, I am way excited about the possibility of finally getting my house together. As for the paper, I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it yet. I bought some old frames at a garage sale, and I'm thinking about an art project, but I don't know what to do yet. Leigh, you have any ideas? :)
On a completely unrelated note, Conlan has a new habit. He LOVES to take pictures, mostly of himself. He'll hold the camera up and say cheese and point it at himself. Here are some of his recent creations.
We tried turning off the flash, but he didn't know when the pictures were taken. Eventually, we plan on putting together an album of all of his pictures. :) Have a great day.
3 comments:
You could frame the paper in matching frames and arrange them on the wall--either uniformly or randomly. Same size frames or different sizes. Or try to match the papers in fabrics and use the fabric for throw pillows, etc.
Just a few possibilities. :-)
use them in shadow boxes as a background with a simple little trinket or decoration in each box.
You could get extras of a few of those to make a name frame whenever you do have a girl! =)
Post a Comment