Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Zoo

Today we're off to the Oklahoma City Zoo. We were going to go tomorrow, but Jonathan just switched his off days with someone, so he's now off on Tuesdays. This is due to my upcoming schedule of doctor's appointments. My doctor is only in the office Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. So now Jonathan can either be home with Conlan or in the office with me for appointments.

It's slightly significant that we're going today instead of tomorrow. I think I mentioned that Wednesdays in August are $.75 admission. It's not a major change in amount, but I'd rather pay $1.50 than $14 to get in, wouldn't you?

Jonathan is currently at bible study, but he should be home by 8:30, so I should get going and get ready for the zoo. By the way, Conlan's room should be finished completely by this evening. I'll post some pictures tonight or tomorrow. The only thing missing will be the old pictures; we haven't gotten that taken care of yet. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hmm, Jen had a link to them on her blog once a way long time ago. If you click my Recipes tag link, it's the 3rd or 4th thing down. It's just a bar of soap (I get Ivory), grated and heated in water on the stove until it's melted, and 1/2 cup of Borax and 1 cup of washing soda (I only find this at the grocery store, not at Walmart here). Then add water to 5 gallons and let it gel overnight.

The double-strength stuff I made and poured into containers is not the easiest to get out, lol. I have to kind of squeeze the container. But it's not bad enough that I won't make it that way again. It takes up much less space for as long as it lasts. =P