I'm having trouble getting going today. It's nice and dark outside, and this morning I just didn't want to get out of bed. Part of the reason is that I had two really late nights in a row (Sunday I made the mistake of drinking a Dr. Pepper with dinner, and Monday was the football game), but also it's just dreary outside. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE rainy days. They make me feel all cozy. I'll probably feel cozy later once I get going, but right now I'm just tired. It also helps quite a bit if it's rainy and cool, but it's just under 70 degrees. (Yes, I know, I must be crazy. Under 70 is considered cool. But last week when it rained, it was in the 50's. I guess living slightly further north has spoiled me.) It's supposed to rain until Sunday, and the low for Sunday is 53, and Monday is supposed to be sunny, but cool, with a high of 73. It's supposed to stay like that all week.
We're going to forgo the library this morning I think. I don't really want to go out anywhere if I don't have to. Plus, I have a lot of cleaning to do. It's been a while since we've had overnight visitors, and this weekend my mom and grandmothers are coming from Houston for a week long visit. Earlier this week, however, my mom called to say that they could be coming as early as Thursday (tomorrow!!) because of the hurricane threat. They don't want to drive in the heavy rain, and due to the recent fad of evacuating rain, they plan on leaving ahead of all the paranoid people. If the hurricane is scheduled to hit Texas on Saturday, too many people would be leaving on Friday. They would probably drive to Dallas on Thursday and come up Friday morning. My mom, as I've mentioned is allergic to our dog Oscar, so I have a LOT to do.
Conlan is going through a stage of fits. I'm not quite sure why...maybe it's just the age. But right now he's in time out, and I told him he could get up, and he's screaming NO! NO! NO! and staying in time out. I don't really understand it. Jonathan prayed for me this morning, as Conlan has been really wearing me out fast. I already feel like I have more patience for him. Imagine that...
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Blah Weather, Blah Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I hope your cleaning goes swift, swift, swift and then you can prop your feet up and read a good book....when Conlan is sleeping that is.
Oh, man! I'm sorry. It frustrates me when they are totally irrational like that. Em used to do stuff like that. She'd ask for a banana and I'd say "Sure! Let's eat some bananas on the deck!" and she would throw herself down and have a fit like I had said no!
It went pretty well...I only got three rooms finished all day, but they're spotless. Those doors are staying closed and Oscar is off limits until everyone comes.
Post a Comment