So my mom and grandmothers decided against coming up early because of the hurricane. The coastline and parts of Houston have been issued a mandatory evacuation, and lots of people will be evacuating up to Oklahoma City. So...bad idea for them to come now. They are already prepared for the hurricane, as my dad has a little bit of a nose for the weather. He sent her out yesterday for hurricane supplies, and this morning, he called her and asked her to get some gas for the generator someone is loaning them. Hopefully, everything will be okay, but chances are that they will be later in coming to visit. If they end up being required to evacuate, I'm not sure if they'll come here or go towards Nacogdoches. Hopefully here...it would be nice to see my dad and grandpas too. :)
Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention this. Since visitors are not coming as soon/sooner than expected, I'm going to kick back today, read a book, knit a scarf, and drink some tea. Tea is normally on my off-limits list while pregnant, as it messes with iron absorption and I usually pay for it days for days to come, but today, I need a cup of hot tea. I'm reading Christ the Lord Out of Egypt by Anne Rice. This is a very interesting book so far. She definitely clarifies that it's a novel, but she takes a lot of her story from Gnostic and infant gospels of Christ. And if you don't know who Anne Rice is, she actually wrote vampire horror fiction (Interview with a Vampire is her really famous one) until she was saved a few years ago. Right after she converted to Christianity, she wrote this book. Worth a read, but I've been tempering it with scripture to keep my head clear.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Icky Ike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment