Today I haven't been feeling really great. I've done really well at preventing losing food up to this point. I am what I like to call a simpathy puker; I do NOT do well with vomit at all. If I start, I don't stop until it's dry heaves. Sorry to share so much information, but today the baby decided that he/she had enough citrus for a while. I had a banana and some grapefruit juice for breakfast. For the last two weeks, I haven't been able to get enough grapefruit juice. Today, though, it just didn't sit well. I was actually walking out the door to go grocery shopping when the baby said, "Enough!", and I darted to the bathroom. I definitely felt better (and hungry) after that. So we went grocery shopping. Well, I saw limes, and I felt the baby going, "Ooo!! Limes!!!" so I bought some. If I crave it, it won't make me sick, right? Wrong! I got sick again. So, I am now ignoring any citrus cravings that I might have and going more for salads and apples if I need fruit. Yey for a healthy baby that doesn't know what he/she wants. Sorry for the icky details.
On top of that, I think Conlan has a minor stomach bug. I have changed I think 6-8 dirty diapers today. He's been dealing with something like it for a few weeks now. He'll get better and then it will come back. It would explain his strange behavior if he's not feeling well. I think I'm going to take after Dana and start taking vinegar to the store to clean the cart. He's had stomach bug after stomach bug, and we've been fighting a nasty diaper rash for weeks. Things look like they're solidifying a little bit though, so hopefully we're on our way out of this...again.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Sick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
zosia gets that with milk. diaper rash and runny poops. it took me a while to figure it out because micah gets constipated with cow milk. maybe lay off milk for a week (if he drinks it that is) and see if it clears, then add it back to his diet and see if it gets worse.
yogurt will help add some good bacteria to his digestive system and fight those stomach bugs-make sure it's plain and says "live cultures" and add what you need or you can get some baby-bifoda (sp?) from a health food store.
Post a Comment