Well, this morning my mom and grandmas went back to Houston, to their hubbies and, for the grandmas, no power. As much as I love having people around, I love having my house quiet again. Yesterday was Jonathan's birthday, so he took his Saturday this weekend so we could have a full weekend together before he went back to work.
Yesterday for his birthday, I made him a chocolate, Broncos themed cake with orange buttercream. The icing was royal blue and bright orange. I didn't take a picture, but please remind me to post it once my mom shares hers with me. My fingers are stained, but I love looking down at them and seeing how they are blue for my husband. :) It didn't take me that long to make this cake, partially because I had help. One of my grandmothers used to make cakes a lot too, and she filled icing bags while my artist of a mom freehanded the Broncos logo on the top. My other grandmother did the all important job of entertaining Conlan. :) As soon as the cake was done, I got going on dinner. We had red chile enchiladas. I believe I've shared those with you somewhere before on my blog. They're Jonathan's favorite, and after making them for a large number of people, I'm going to have to find an online store that can replenish my stash of red chile powder; I can't stand making the powder from the dried chiles.
This morning we went out and got Jonathan's main birthday present--an overcoat. He is going to need it in the winter, and since it's an expensive thing to buy, I figured it was a practical choice. He knew he was getting it, but I wanted him to pick it out. So we headed north to Burlington Coat Factory. It's not that far from our house, and while looking, we found SO much around our neighborhood. Some people we met right after moving here suggested that we do most of our shopping down south in Norman. However, my mom's aunt Linda who lives east of OKC mentioned that they LOVE to come to southwestern OKC for restaurants and shopping. We explored this morning, and there is SO much! (She also mentioned a Hobby Lobby OUTLET store a little further north. I happen to be in that area all the time.) After getting the coat, we decided on an early lunch and went to an Italian place called Primo's. Jonathan had wanted to go there yesterday for lunch, but had a customer come in during lunchtime and had to meet us somewhere we could go ahead and start eating. We then walked around Academy for a while. For some reason, I really love Academy. I like the thought of people preparing to go camping and hunting. I could look at tents for hours. We started wondering (after seeing an aisle full of them) if we needed to buy snow boots for Conlan. I know that Kate bought them for her girls (she's not that much further north), and I just don't know how much snow we actually get here. I plan on asking some of the MOPS moms next time we have a meeting. (I should have asked my aunt Linda while she was visiting, but I forgot!)
This afternoon I just relaxed. I slept for maybe 3 hours. It was much needed sleep. I'm not sure what our plans are for tonight, but I think we're going for pizza and a movie. Tomorrow after church, Jonathan has to get Conlan's light working in his bedroom, and I need to start getting ready for colder weather. Conlan's winter clothes need to come out of the attic, as do my maternity clothes. I just want to be prepared. Even though our weather was in the 80s today, the nights are getting very chilly, very quickly. I also need to take stock of my maternity clothes. I got a long sleeve white shirt so that I can layer. Hopefully some of what I already have will be suitable for a cold winter.
Conlan has been a little confused today with the absence of his Bugga and GiGi's. It's been pretty cute, though, to see him run up to the door and go "GiGi! Hewo?!" I think I'm beginning to realize more and more that his negative behavior is basically him being a little boy with lots of energy. This past week, he had all four of us completely worn out. He only gets super defiant when he's ready for bed, but he's always into everything. I wonder if I'm going to be able to handle having another boy, if that's what God chooses. I guess He tells us that He won't put us through any trial that we can't handle, so I guess if I'm having a boy, I'll find a way. :)
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Quiet House Again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
what a blessing it must be to have grandparents! :-]
I'm going to have to find a way to come up and visit you again.
Post a Comment