Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Appointments

I had a doctor's appointment today, to which I did not want to go. For one, we have been so busy that Jonathan couldn't afford to leave work to watch Conlan. (He left early last week and will be leaving early on Friday.) So Conlan came with me. Also, I can't help but feel like something might be wrong. I'm always afraid of going in and not hearing a heartbeat. Third, I am incredibly tired today, and I had a headache all morning. I actually made myself leave the house around 10:30 so that I wouldn't fall asleep and miss my appointment.

Interestingly enough, my doctor found out around 1:45 that there was a death in the family. (My appointment was at 1:50.) But since I was already there, another doctor took care of me. One thing I LOVE about my doctor's office is that they are incredibly quick. I live about 5 minutes away, and I tend to get to the office and back home within 30-45 minutes. Of course, I was one of the low maintenance patients today; the early pregnancy appointments are very quick. However, even considering that, my previous doctor often left me waiting for 45 minutes before. I saw the nurse quickly and was out of there within 30 minutes.

My baby is beautiful and healthy. His/her heartbeat is a healthy 160 bpm. We find out on November 11th what we are having. :)

I'm going to nap. See ya!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Praises for a healthy heartbeat!

Kimberly said...

Yay! I was always so nervous at appointments until I heard the heartbeat. I can't wait to find out what y'all are having!