We're back! I have a lot to do this morning, so I will be sharing about our trip later.
My goals for this week are to start preparing for Conlan's birthday and Halloween. We don't do much for Halloween, but we do need candy and a pumpkin to carve. We also have a church function on Halloween night, so if we end up going to that, Conlan's going to need a costume.
For Conlan's birthday (which is this Thursday), I plan to make a small cake. Also, I told Jonathan I'd make cupcakes for his work within the next few weeks. My mom found this incredible cupcake book, so I think I'm going to make werewolves. :) I also have one or two more gifts to buy and wrapping paper.
On top of that, I have regular grocery shopping and a MOPS pie sale to work on. Lots of baking and lots of planning.
Also, I have unpacking, cleaning, and laundry to do from our trip. Luckily, Conlan is entranced by his bristle blocks, train, and drum (thank you VERY much Cassie...) that he got from his relatives this weekend. It will be a little easier to get things done, because he is busy with new toys. Also, Oscar can now go outside, because the new fence is up! YEY!!!
Who knows what I'll actually get done today? As the saying goes, "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."
Monday, October 20, 2008
Best-Laid Plans...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I would really like to see pictures of Conlan in costume and of your cupcakes! It's hard to believe he's going to be 2!
yes - but at least you have the presence of mind to plan! ;-)
I recently glanced through a martha stewart living magazine and saw the most amazing recipe for pumpkin cheesecake! Enjoy Fall :-)
Post a Comment