Julie has tagged me in her blog to do this meme thing. So I guess I'm "it." I provide you with the rules, and I tag 6 of you.
The "rules" of the game are as follows:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
Six random facts about me:
1. I am not quite as tall as my driver's license may indicate. However, as no one at the DMV has ever taken the responsibility to measure me, I wear that false 1/4 inch proudly. (They probably don't care about that quarter inch anyway...most likely they'd round it up to 5 feet. I hit it with shoes on anyway, and who's going to take their shoes off at the DMV? Yuck!) If anyone ever measures me for a carnival ride/rollercoaster, I can always pull out my driver's license and say, "The state says I'm 5 feet tall!"
2. I desire to be more creative than I actually am. I come from a family of artists: my mom studied art in school and paints/draws/sews beautifully, my older sister paints/designs clothes, and my younger sister is in grad school for the french horn. I have tried a variety of instruments (oboe, guitar, piano, vocals, though I technically have only given up on oboe) and find myself discouraged at my lack of improvement. I also like to do art projects, but they often end up looking weird. I don't have the eye for it that the rest of the women in my family do. Maybe I'm just not motivated enough yet...
3. I absolutely adore our dog Oscar. He is the perfect dog for me. When I was 5, I was attacked by a dog and was afraid of pretty much all of them until we got Oscar. I know for a fact that dogs can smell fear, because some of the sweetest dogs have come at me, teeth bared, when I least expected it. But my fear of dogs is now gone, thanks to our precious cockernauser. (He's about as non-threatening as you can get!)
4. I have a love of languages. When I was in high school, my goal was to be able to speak fluent Mandarin by the time I graduated from college. (I didn't succeed, because I wouldn't invest in a proper learning guide. Mandarin is extremely tonal, and I didn't have audio with my book. I was a tightwad in high school too...) I would still love to learn Mandarin, but I would also love to master Spanish. I can understand when someone is speaking (most of the time), but I do not speak at all. (My college Spanish teacher would be rolling in his grave if he wasn't still alive.) I also would love to learn languages such as Hebrew and Greek, so I could further understand Scripture in all of its intensity. People who read biblical Greek say that it is so much richer than we could possibly understand.
5. My favorite kind of food is Vietnamese. I haven't craved it much lately though, as my baby has been asking for pizza and hot wing sauce (yes, together). But the veggie base of Vietnamese food makes my mouth water whenever I think about it. My second favorite kind of food is Thai. My third is Greek.
6. I can't stand hot weather. I LOVE the cold. My philosophy is that if it's cold, you can always put something else on. When it's hot, there's only so much you can take off (in America anyways; I know things are a little different elsewhere in the world...at least on European beaches.) I always felt like I was born in the wrong part of the world; my parents think I just don't know what all comes with cold weather. My dad went to college in Nebraska and basically despises snow. I feel otherwise. I am energized by the first brisk wind of the fall (which has already come in Oklahoma). I love snow crunching under my feet and my nose going numb. Winter has always been a time of coziness for me - hot chocolate, a warm fire, fuzzy socks. I am anxiously awaiting the first snow in Oklahoma (yes, we do get snow here) and feel like after we acclimate to this area of the world, we can keep heading north in small steps.
That was a little more difficult than I would have thought. Okay, who to tag? I know something like this has gone around my blogging community recently, so I want to make sure I don't make someone do it twice. If I tag you and you've already done it, either say so, ignore me, or do it again! (You can ignore me if you haven't done it as well, but I love learning about you ladies!!) Okay...I tag Ginger, Kate, Stefanie H., Bethany, Mary, and Sarah Jo. You know I love you! Tag, you're it!
Wednesday, October 08, 2008
I'm It!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Thanks for the Tag...I will do it next week. Oh and I am with you on the cold weather. Hope you have a great weekend.
You were the first one to do it. Way to go! And it was fun to learn a few random Kelly facts. I love Vietnamese food too!
Hmm, I'll have to think about this one...
The part about your driver's license cracked me up! Have you ever been turned away from an amusement park ride since reaching your current height?
Bethany, no, I haven't been turned down, because I have learned since high school how to stand up REALLY tall. I don't spend a lot of time riding on the back of the Texas Giant in Dallas either though; I'm not a glutton for punishment like some people. There are just a few amusement park rides that require you to be 60 inches, so most of the time I'm okay.
I'm just now catching up on my reading!! I'll respond to the tag tomorrow, sorry, I wasn't ignoring you :-)
love!
Post a Comment