Monday, October 06, 2008

Rainy Days and Yaps

Today is beautiful and rainy. I have to run out to the grocery store at one point for MOPS breakfast items today, but most of the day is going to be spent inside, enjoying the rain.

I think Autumn has finally hit Oklahoma City. Our weather is cool and windy pretty much every day. Occasionally it will reach 80 degrees outside, but we're mostly blessed with comfortable days and chilly nights (that require chili or soup of some kind). I feel blessed to be able to snuggle up to my boy and dog during the day and watch an old movie while cold drops of rain patter against the window pane. Muffins baking in the oven, and tortilla soup in the crockpot. Days like this, I love to stay home.

I am getting a little antsy for days where I can start up the fireplace. It's gas, not wood burning, so chances are we'll use it more. We had a fireplace in one of our apartments, but we only used it once, because we had to spend money on wood and then clean it out. With a gas fireplace, we just turn it on and we get the whole effect (except the smell, which I will greatly miss). The only thing about the fireplace is that we have a little family of birds residing somewhere towards the top. They'll need to move soon, or they'll be smoked out.

On another note, Conlan likes to climb in my lap, which he beautifully calls "yap." Unfortunately, or fortunately, since it can be seen both ways, my yap is getting smaller by the minute. My belly isn't huge, but I'm starting to get to the point where sleeping on my stomach is no longer bearable. (Oh, the humanity!!) If I'm slouching in the least when Conlan climbs in my yap, he sits right on top of the baby, which doesn't feel good. I'll miss being able to put him in my yap, but at the same time I'm very grateful for this child on the way. :)

Enjoy your day. I should enjoy mine. :)

3 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

sounds like a wonderful day... enjoy them cause soon the rainy days mean restless kids who can't play outside (unless you're willing to clean up muddy tracks that is) ;)

Vashey Fam said...

"Yap" So cute! :o) I'm sad for you about the stomach thing...it's raining here too....very peaceful.

sarah said...

Thanks for the prayers! God did an unbelievably cool thing for me and though the weekend wasn't without awkwardness and tears - I'm very grateful. I may write you a letter about it :-)
It was cold and rainy in california too - which made me a little sad (I didn't even swim in the ocean!) but I'm glad to be home and face the possibility of coziness while trying to catch up on my homework :-)