Wednesday, October 15, 2008

To Do List and a Huge Surprise!!

We fly out to Houston Friday afternoon, and I have so much to do before we leave! My to-do list, however, just got a little longer. Well, it's not longer, per se, but I have less time to do it in. Here's the reason: I just found out my sister-in-law is going to be in Wichita, KS this afternoon for the rest of the week!

Wichita is only a 2.5 hour drive (give or take a few minutes), so I could easily go up there in the morning and come home in the afternoon. This is something I've been meaning to do anyway; both Anna and Kate live up there and I've been wanting to visit. (I was waiting for Kate to have her baby thoug; Anna had a little boy in August.) So, tomorrow I'm thinking about driving up in the morning and spending a few hours there with Anna and Rachael. Rachael is going to talk to Anna first to make sure it's okay, but the plan right now is to go say hi! I don't get to see my sister in law much; she lives in Washington DC. So this is exciting. Needless to say, Jonathan is very upset that it fell on the same weekend as our trip to Houston and is sad that he'll miss seeing his sister.

Once again, please be remembering the children who were lost today and their families. Amiee mentioned to me that there's a walk in Tyler on October 25th for you East Texans who have lost children. I have an event on Friday, but we will be in the air by the time it starts. God bless and have a great day. I should be too busy to post anything else...

2 comments:

sarah said...

Please give a hearty hello and hug to Anna, Rachael, and Kate! (if you manage to see them all) There is nothing quite so satisfying to my heart as to think of such wonderful crazy fun intelligent women who love the Lord.
Have fun in Houston!

Kate said...

Hey! Well so far I haven't had a baby! =P So maybe Conlan and Lainey will finally get to meet. =) Let me know what your plans are!