The potty. It's something that I've secretly been dreading, but I haven't been worrying about. I know that Conlan is somewhat close to the potty training age, but boys are more difficult than girls to train, so I am not in a hurry to get started.
Well, this morning, we almost had another poop incident in the tub, so I decided that it was time. Not to start potty training, but to buy a training potty. Conlan is scared of the large toilet, so it seemed to me he would actually do okay with something Conlan-sized. I was right. I wanted to go ahead and pick it up so that he could get used to having it around.
We put the potty together this morning around 11:00 after picking it up. He was very excited and was dancing around going, "Potty! Potty! Potty!" He has his own little corner of the bathroom where his potty sits. I still need to get "potty incentives" like M&M's or Smarties. I didn't expect him to go yet, so I didn't pick any up. He does, however, love to sit on the potty without pants on. I figure I need to pick up incentives for that as well, because it's a big accomplishment. Last time he sat on his potty, he kept saying, "Mommy, poop."
Jonathan and I are cautiously optimistic. There is a chance that by the time this baby's born, we will only have one in diapers...woo hoo!!!
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Dun-Dun-Duuuuuuuuun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
hahah!!! poop.. poop... poop....
lol That is too cute!
Post a Comment