Conlan was in a much better mood this morning than he's been all week. His eyes are clear of gunk (which his doctor told us was just residual gunk from his sinuses) and he was happier than normal (recently). Jonathan woke up early this morning to run to Wal-Mart and came home with an early Christmas present of Christmas Songs by Jars of Clay. I generally don't like the song The Little Drummer Boy; I find it boring and a little silly. But when Jars of Clay sings it, they bring out the beauty and significance of an otherwise poorly written song. My husband is so thoughtful; he also bought a box of candy canes and hung them on the tree, which is something that I always love to do. He worked really hard this morning to restore my joy in a holiday that has become too commercial to me. Worshipful songs in the morning and the little things...those are so significant to me. Top that off with wind chills in the negatives and fire in the fireplace...I may be able to really enjoy this holiday after all. :)
Lord, refresh my sight and my heart today. Show me the importance of celebrating Your birth, and to truly understand the significance of peace on earth and good will toward men.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Morning Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment