Well, I sit here, catching up on blogs, and I hear my son playing in the back room when he should be sleeping. Part of me wants to go back there and make him lay down, but more of me smiles on the inside as he screams, "OH NO!" as he uses his incredible imagination. Pillows and blankets are probably everywhere but in the crib. (He's still napping in the port-a-crib.) Gotta love little boys. :) Hopefully, he will eventually get tired, and I'll begin to hear bits and pieces of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Jesus Loves Me" as he fades into dreamland.
I do have to say, I'm actually pretty happy that people have not been blogging as frequently as normal during the busy month of December. Those of you that did blog a lot though, I probably won't catch up on the last three and a half weeks completely.
We still have to finish Conlan's project this afternoon. It's almost 4 and he still hasn't started sleeping, but honestly, I'm glad to have a semi-happy child again. He's been under the weather since around Thanksgiving (I took him to the doctor on the 20th of November), and after several weeks of watching him, I finally took him back. It turned out to be bronchitis, which I believe I mentioned in my last post. We found this out last Monday, which coincidentally was one of the coldest recorded days in Oklahoma's history. (Oklahoma's only 101 years old...almost 102, so it's history isn't that long.) Anyway, we ran around from the doctor's to Wal-Mart (for a humidifier) to the library (movies had to be returned) to the bank (had to pay the mortgage) to the pharmacy (for his prescription.). Tuesday and Wednesday we stayed home. I didn't want to take him out anywhere. Jonathan did come home early on Tuesday, and I got some Christmas shopping and grocery shopping done.
Wednesday night some friends of ours came over after church. Apparently, we're needed for music Sunday night, but no one had told us yet. Anyway, so our friend JR came over and brought his little daughter Audrey. Conlan ADORES this girl. He calls her "Auvrey". She'll be turning one right after Christmas, so she's quite younger than him. Anyway, when they got here, I had to put him to bed. He was on antibiotics, so he wasn't contagious, but his stuff needed (and still needs) to be cleaned. Thankfully, JR wanted to put Audrey to sleep as well. He and Jonathan practiced a little bit, and Audrey woke up crying. JR called his wife Mellissa to come pick her up, and we talked for a while. After Mellissa and Audrey left, Jonathan and JR decided on a song, and then we all talked until almost midnight. JR brought up the topic of Biblical history, and you all know how I feel about Biblical history and archeology. (I've mentioned my love of Hebraic/Jewish history a few times at least.) Anyway, it was nice to talk to someone about something that I love. :)
Thursday Conlan had his checkup appointment, which went well. After that I went to finish some much needed grocery shopping. When I was getting into my car, the man next to me rolled down his window and showed me that I had a flat tire. It turned out that I had run over a nail and two industrial staples. It probably could have been fixed, but the tread on the tire was so low, they wouldn't fix it. So we bought two new tires for my car. (Jonathan's idea)
Oh, I hadn't mentioned this. A week ago today I started having contractions. It was very scary (I'm only 25 weeks along), and the doctor on call was very unkind. However, they stopped on their own before I went to the hospital, though we were headed for the door. It turns out I was dehydrated. I have been obsessive about my water drinking since. I also haven't had any contractions since then.
Anyway, those are some things that have happened lately, but that's just this past week. I can hear the tunes of my son gradually fading into silence, so I am going to finish catching up on blogs. See ya later! Oh, and since I haven't had a chance to write it yet, Merry Christmas!!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Sitting and Smiling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment