Well, I've never heard of roseola, but that is very likely what is wrong with Conlan. The nurse practitioner couldn't say for sure, but every test they did was negative. It's totally unrelated to his bronchitis of last week, which has completely cleared up. So if Conlan breaks out in a rash over the weekend, I now know why. Even though it's contagious, it's a dormant, harmless virus that produces incredibly high fevers. One website mentioned that it can cause seizures in rare cases because of the high temperatures, but I'm not leaving his temperature unchecked. Anyway, we're still good to travel and everything.
As for my exciting blurb, here's a blog that I've been following since the blog party last year. Nadine Zawacki is a writer who just got her first book published. It's called Prisoner of Circumstance and it's now available on Amazon! Look into it; I'm sure it's going to be great. I'm currently trying to win a free copy, but if that doesn't happen, I'll be buying a copy very soon. Anyway, happy reading!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Roseola and An Exciting Blurb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Both my boys have had roseola, too. It's such a random virus. They both had the high fevers and the weird rash and then were fine.
Hope it all passes quickly and painlessly. :-)
So odd. I'd never heard of Roseola until last night when my uncle told me to think of that if Jack ever gets high fevers. His little girl (she's 4) had it as an infant.
Anyway, at least it's nothing to worry too much about.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment