Though there aren't a lot of football people in my reading audience, I know of at least two major Broncos fans who probably feel the same way about this as I do.
I am incredibly shocked that the Broncos owner decided to fire Mike Shanahan (head coach and general manager). No, the season wasn't great, but Mike Shanahan is a football genius and as much of a Denver legacy as John Elway. Anyway, TOTALLY surprised. Though our household will still be considered Broncos Country, wherever Shanahan ends up will be a team to follow as well. (That's how we felt about Gary Kubiak and the Texans, though we follow them anyway since I'm from Houston. For those who don't know, Kubiak left as Offensive Coordinator for Denver to be head coach for Houston.) Shanahan is a big part of what made the Broncos so great; he is a coach full of integrity and a very intelligent man. I'm interested to see where he ends up coaching next year.
Okay. Sorry about the football talk. Grandma Janice and Grandpa Jigger, I expect a comment from you concerning this issue. ;)
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Shocked
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I had no idea! I'm shocked too.
Post a Comment