Thursday, January 15, 2009

Where are the Clouds?

So, I have been looking forward to snow for quite some time. This morning flurries were predicted. However, as I look out my window, I wonder, "Where are the clouds?" There's a beautiful, frigid, ice blue sky outside. I guess that's okay too, but I'm starting to think that when we moved further north, I got robbed a little bit. Apparently it doesn't snow in the metro (OKC)...ever. Sure, I love the cold. But I can't justify taking my kid out in weather with a wind chill of 1 if there's nothing to play in. Maybe someday one of our kids will be able to use the snow boots I bought him; I think he's only worn them once...sigh. Oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

be careful what you wish for--you might get it and then your husband will spend every evening for 3 weeks shoveling out the driveway until the snow piles on either side are as tall as he is. Then he may have to get up on the roof to shovel the snow off the roof so the house doesn't fall in when the weather warms up and you get some rain.

Snow is pretty to look at, but it can be a real pain to live with on a daily basis

Stephanie said...

Oh, she's not talking about wanting to live in it on a daily basis. She just wants to play in it for a few days and then it can melt away. :)

Kelly said...

Sunny, I think Steph has it. There's no reason to go outside when it's cold here. If it's going to be cold, I might as well play in snow. If we wanted shoveling, we'd be living much further north. :)