Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pain...t

Hehe. I'm a nerd.

I am in so much pain from painting Vera's room. My muscles are sore, and my hands are slightly blistered. I didn't finish. I actually ran out of paint and didn't have the energy to go back to the store. Plus, it was 5 something by the time I finished used everything I had, and Conlan was sick of laying in his bed. (He chose today of all days to not sleep.) I have a second coat to put on most of the walls. It's this BEAUTIFUL, bright, yet soft, yellow. It's called Lemon Pound Cake. I had hoped to complete it today and start getting the room put together, but I guess I'll have to wait another day. No problem. :)

For her room, I'm going with a patchwork quilt theme. When we were visiting Jonathan's family at Christmas, Connie was hand-quilting someone's grandmother's quilt. I saw it and was inspired. I'm not quilting; I don't know how to do that. BUT, I did find patchwork baby bedding at Toys R Us. Here it is.

Anyway, I am getting a little excited about the baby room. Yey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I really like that bedding! It'd be awesomer if it was hand-stitched with luuuv, but it's still a perfect fit for Vera's room.

Kate said...

Did you already buy it? You could come up here for a craftin' day and I could help! I have an embroidery machine and we could even do flowers like that if you want!

Kelly said...

Jonathan, I hope you like it, because you did help me pick it out. :) Kate, I'm past travel abilities, so we'll probably buy it.