Saturday, March 21, 2009

No Change

Hey everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted, so I'm going to give y'all a little update here.

After going to and being released from the hospital last week, my mom has been here. That has been an incredible blessing, but it's possible that her presence is also responsible for my lack of baby. Even though she's been "walking" me to death, I have had a virtually stress-free week. I've been resting a lot, keeping my water intake good, and have had a great week physically. Other than getting increasingly tired day by day, I've been feeling good. Having someone else cook, clean, and run after the precious mini-monster is pretty nice. But she's was still here because we thought the baby would here soon. A week and a half later, still no baby.

That being said, I'm taking Mom to the airport this afternoon. She's going to fly home tonight and spend a few days at home and then a few days with my older sister in Dallas. She'll then drive straight up here from Dallas.

Hopefully this minor "strain" will bring this little girl into the world. My boy becomes more and more of a handful everyday...in a good way. (By the way, the term "mini-monster" above is a term of endearment; he loves being a monster.) My body is tired and aching, and I am ready for some relief. I think this baby is trying to come out of my belly button; all of her weight is forward. Technically I have a little under two weeks to go. My doctor has some plans for my next appointment if there is no baby by Wednesday. Painful plans...ick. I say that I don't ask God for patience in this area, but I realized that I do. Probably too often, because He is laying the opportunities on pretty thick. :)

I will share some of our projects we've done; my mom is crafty and artsy, so we've had fun this week. Well, to the airport we go! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

The Peacock Pearl said...

with same i was late and an hour after my mom went home, i went into labor... so here's hoping :)

Nadine said...

I hope your beautiful new addition comes soon.

Connie said...

I'm glad you've had fun with your Mom...

Anonymous said...

It's nice you enjoyed your Mom but even better that she will return when needed. We are all waiting for your little girl's arrival. Love, Grandma Janice