Friday, March 13, 2009

The Waiting Game

I'm sick playing a waiting game.

Everyone (as in my doctor and the hospital staff) that this baby is coming by this weekend. After this morning, with a full night of sleep and no contractions, I am not so sure. My biggest problem is my attitude I think.

I've kind of started trusting the words of the above people, where I know that God absolutely LOVES to teach me patience, even when I don't ask for it. Even when all the "signs" point to a baby very soon, God ultimately makes that decision. I don't. Neither do the doctors or even the baby.

I've had to deal with a really bad attitude lately. My first thought is that the recent events in my life seem cruel. I wouldn't necessarily accuse God of being cruel, but I've felt like this up and down is not fair. This was mainly what I was thinking yesterday. Today I've struggled with it a little, but I've been thinking a lot more of this: God's ways are better than mine, even if I don't understand them. This isn't even that difficult for me to understand either. She's still in there because she needs to be. Sure, my mom flew up here yesterday morning thinking the baby was coming, but now I have a week and a half of rest at least, plus good time with my mom. Hopefully she'll come while my mom is still here, but if not, it's not a big deal.

So I'm tired of playing the waiting game, and I'm not going to anymore. I'm going to enjoy this time with my family and praise God for a baby on the way!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been struggling with the same thing honey, but God is in control, and He's good!

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind too that the longer she stays in, the better for her. I know this is rough. It was rough for me even without the eager baby/contractions/hospital thing.

Praying for you, Johathan, Conlan & Vera

Connie said...

Yep. So frustrating! One positive thing, though, is that those contractions, and even the ones you can't feel, are working, doing what they're supposed to do. They're preparing you and even Vera for delivery. Good stuff. We're praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Waiting for good things to happen is so hard. It is hard to remember that Vera would be considered a premmie if she would be born today, every hour she delays is making her so much stronger especially her lungs. God is putting on the finishing touches while he makes you wait. We love you

sarah said...

I hate learning patience!! :-) I'm proud of you Kelly - for tackling your attitude, sometimes it's easy for me to say 'it's just how I feel' as an excuse for a wrong perspective. I'm glad you've decided to enjoy the time while you wait. Hang in there. I Love you!!

(p.s. I got to see your sister-in-law and her husband this weekend - I'm jealous that you're related to such cool people ;-)

Kate said...

Hey! I keep thinking about you! =) I'm working on some booties for Vera! =) Maybe I should have asked what color you like first... =P They are black Mary Janes with a red insole (and stripe around the outside). I think they are so cute! But if she has nothing red or you'd rather have a different color, I'm having fun making booties so I wouldn't mind making others. =)